noise reduction software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the best noise removal software for removing noise from digital
images? I have done some surfing and two that seem to come up are Noise
Ninja (picturecode.com) and Neat Image (neatimage.com). Are these both
good? Are there others that are better? (I am sure this has been asked
before and I apologize for asking it again, but I have been away from this
usenet for some time)

I prefer Noise Ninja over the noise reduction in Paint Shop Pro. I have
no experience with Neat Image, though I have read good reports about
it. The reason I prefer Noise Ninja is that it leaves the image looking
more real. Paint Shop Pro is rather aggressive in its noise reduction
and leaves the image looking a bit artificial, in my opinion. At least
for pictures of people's faces, which is what I do the most.

Bye.

"Proteus" <nospam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> What is the best noise removal software for removing noise from digital
> images? I have done some surfing and two that seem to come up are Noise
> Ninja (picturecode.com) and Neat Image (neatimage.com). Are these both
> good? Are there others that are better? (I am sure this has been asked
> before and I apologize for asking it again, but I have been away from this
> usenet for some time)

NeatImage, standalone or plugin with Photoshop.

Proteus wrote:
> What is the best noise removal software for removing noise from
> digital images? I have done some surfing and two that seem to come
> up are Noise Ninja (picturecode.com) and Neat Image (neatimage.com).
> Are these both good? Are there others that are better? (I am sure
> this has been asked before and I apologize for asking it again, but I
> have been away from this usenet for some time)

Paint Shop Pro 9 has the best noise-reduction software I've seen.

David

Crunchy Doodle wrote:
> I prefer Noise Ninja over the noise reduction in Paint Shop Pro. I
> have no experience with Neat Image, though I have read good reports
> about it. The reason I prefer Noise Ninja is that it leaves the image
> looking more real. Paint Shop Pro is rather aggressive in its noise
> reduction and leaves the image looking a bit artificial, in my
> opinion. At least for pictures of people's faces, which is what I do
> the most.

With Paint Shop Pro, you can of course adjust the degree of noise
reduction to suit yourself, as you can with other software.

David

David J Taylor wrote:

> Paint Shop Pro 9 has the best noise-reduction software I've seen.

neat image has better.

--
pozdro
JK