Is my psu too weak? Why else wouldnt my PC turn on?

korks

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
This is my first build ive put together and it will not start.

MoBo: Asus Sabretooth Z77
Chassis: Cooler master elite 430
Graphics card: Asus GTX560 Ti with DirectCUII Thermal Solution
Hard drive: 1TB seagate barracuda
CPU: Intel i5 3.1GHz quadcore
DVDRW drive: Samsung SH-222
PSU: Corsair CX 600W

First time i turned it on the fans started spinning and the LEDs lit up but nothing came on screen and after a couple of seconds it shut down, only to then turn on again like the first time, then die like before, repeating this pattern. I realized that my CPU wasnt connected to the PSU and so i corrected this and tried again, this time nothing happened.

I am pretty damn sure i connected everything properly, and i seriously doubt anything short-circuited during the building process. The only reason for not turning on that i can think of is that the PSU is too weak. Is it?

theGeezus

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Nope your PSU looks good enough, check for yourself with a PSU calculator online.
I'd say go over your build making sure everything is plugged in properly, check it twice.

Thrin

Honorable
May 5, 2012

What RAM are you using?

Other than that, I would pull out the card and boot without it. Plug your monitor into your motherboard. Check if it boots.

If it does - finish installing all drivers and updates then plug in your graphics card. Try booting through the graphics card. That's assuming you won't be using any of the Virtu MVP stuff. If you plan to then follow the directions for properly setting that up.

korks

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Thanks, i gave it a 2nd lookover and it turns out my 24-pin power cable wasnt properly stuck on the motherboard (*embarrasingly* my bad), now it works. Even so, thanks!