BSOD nvlddmkm.sys error GTS 450 ram related?

Okay so I have this question: is my ram the cause of my nvlddmkm.sys error?

I have tried all the tricks they say, I just recently replaced the PSU. I'm wondering if my issue is related to my ram...

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 rev. 1.1 MOBO
Xion 700W PSU (new)
Sparkle GTS 450 2GB Nvidia Graphics Card
G.Skill sniper series 1866 DDR3 RAM (MOBO says incompatable with this type)

I just want to know if this will solve my issue before I spend MORE money fixing this build.

I can provide dump files if needed, but trust me I have been trying EVERY fix I see...
13 answers Last reply
More about bsod nvlddmkm error related
  1. The computer worked fine for about 3 weeks on this setup with a 500W PSU, now no matter what its instand BSOD at the starting windows page. Could it be ram?
  2. Have you run memtest86 for at least three passes? Memory faster than 1333Mhz is regarded as performance memory and your BIOS may not set the memory settings correctly, requiring you to set the setting manually.
  3. I am currently running memtest, but in my bios when I attempt to change the ram to 1866 it resets to default 1600 and does not allow for my stick's timings...
  4. pjmelect said:
    Have you run memtest86 for at least three passes? Memory faster than 1333Mhz is regarded as performance memory and your BIOS may not set the memory settings correctly, requiring you to set the setting manually.

    I have run memtest and it finds no errors... is this just an issue of mobo ram compatibility or something else?
  5. Which processor do you have, please.
  6. xunicronx said:
    Which processor do you have, please.

    AMD FX 4100 Quad Core 3.6Ghz
  7. Quote:
    Check this out, scroll all the way to the bottom:

    http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#sp

    (Note 2) To support a DDR3 1866 MHz (and above) memory, you must install an AMD AM3+ CPU first.

    What do you mean by that? I have a 3+ in already. There isn't software for cpus so I don't know what is the issue.

    Could that be the reason for my nvlddmkm.sys bsod? My ram stick isn't on the supported ram list.
  8. Kinotechnics said:
    What do you mean by that? I have a 3+ in already. There isn't software for cpus so I don't know what is the issue.

    Could that be the reason for my nvlddmkm.sys bsod? My ram stick isn't on the supported ram list.


    Sorry about the previous post, I was spacing off and was thinking you didn't already have AM3+ (which you clearly do).

    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/837500-nvlddmkm-sys-blue-screen.html

    http://voices.yahoo.com/techtips-nvidia-blue-screen-death-nvlddmkmsys-5316783.html (Also, read the 3 comments at the bottom of the page as they provide you with three more options).

    I hope I have been help.
  9. xunicronx said:
    Sorry about the previous post, I was spacing off and was thinking you didn't already have AM3+ (which you clearly do).

    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/837500-nvlddmkm-sys-blue-screen.html

    http://voices.yahoo.com/techtips-nvidia-blue-screen-death-nvlddmkmsys-5316783.html (Also, read the 3 comments at the bottom of the page as they provide you with three more options).

    I hope I have been help.

    Tried it all, still no fix
  10. I may possibly have found something. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. In small print, it says:
    1.1866 supported with 1 DPC (DIMM per Channel) in single memory slot motherboard designs.

    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/amdfx/Pages/amdfx-model-number-comparison.aspx

    Clearly your processor and motherboard does in fact support 1866 memory. I think the best thing you can do is get memory that is on the hardware compatibility list of memory manufacturers.

    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/memory_ga-970a-d3.pdf

    One more thing you can probably try, have you cleared your CMOS?

    Sorry I can't be of any more help, dude. I was trying my ass off to try to help you. I looked at it as if was my problem too because if I was in your situation, I would want my problem to be solved too. The good thing is your computer does work, right? The only problem is you can't run on 1866? I believe if you got compatible ram, you will be ok.
  11. xunicronx said:
    I may possibly have found something. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. In small print, it says:
    1.1866 supported with 1 DPC (DIMM per Channel) in single memory slot motherboard designs.

    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/amdfx/Pages/amdfx-model-number-comparison.aspx

    Clearly your processor and motherboard does in fact support 1866 memory. I think the best thing you can do is get memory that is on the hardware compatibility list of memory manufacturers.

    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/memory_ga-970a-d3.pdf

    One more thing you can probably try, have you cleared your CMOS?

    Sorry I can't be of any more help, dude. I was trying my ass off to try to help you. I looked at it as if was my problem too because if I was in your situation, I would want my problem to be solved too. The good thing is your computer does work, right? The only problem is you can't run on 1866? I believe if you got compatible ram, you will be ok.

    Yea it does run. Thanks for your help I have a different problem but its probably something dumb lol.

    New issue is that when I install graphics drivers, windows still uses my onboard default graphics. I have to use the graphics card for output so its not plugged into wrong spot, its just the computer says a GTX 450 is installed, but it refuses to use the nvidia drivers...
  12. What operating system do you have and which version is it (32bit or 64bit? Ultimate or Home Premium, etc). You do have Windows up to date? Have you tried going to Sparkle.com to download the latest drivers? The latest drivers don't necessarily mean they are better, you may have to use one that is a little older. On Sparkle.com, it looks like the latest driver for GTS450 2G/D3 is 275.33. Is this 275.33 the driver you have right now?

    http://sparkletw.com/products/geforce-gts-450-2gd3/download/
  13. xunicronx said:
    What operating system do you have and which version is it (32bit or 64bit? Ultimate or Home Premium, etc). You do have Windows up to date? Have you tried going to Sparkle.com to download the latest drivers? The latest drivers don't necessarily mean they are better, you may have to use one that is a little older. On Sparkle.com, it looks like the latest driver for GTS450 2G/D3 is 275.33. Is this 275.33 the driver you have right now?

    http://sparkletw.com/products/geforce-gts-450-2gd3/download/


    I have 7 ultimate 64 bit. I have done windows update and I've been using the NVIDIA.com 296.10 driver. I'll try to use the Sparkle.com one and see if that makes a difference.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards RAM Blue Screen Graphics