LG E2350 Power Save Issue

So I just recently bought a Radeon 7970, and hooked up 3 monitors to it... I am not running Eyefinity... as a lot of games I play do not support it... to the problem... about 2 weeks ago my 2nd monitor which is an LG E2350 keeps going into power save mode... I have switched the ports and the cable's and it keeps doing it.. Sometimes It will stay on if I can get it to stay on for more than 5 minutes... but it turns into a whole hassle of disabling and detecting it via CCC and sometimes pulling and putting the cable back into the card... Its only this monitor... the other 2 never turn off.

UPDATE: I have switched the connections to different ports and it seems to be the mini display ports are causing screens to turn off.... I dont know if ports went bad? is it possible for 2 out of the 4 ports to go bad on the back of a card? Is it a power issue?
any help would be awesome.

im using 1000 watt power supply
3 24inch monitors
7970 gpu
12 gigs or ram
4 answers Last reply
More about e2350 power save issue
  1. bump still need help
  2. It could be the ports going bad. You already ruled out the monitor correct? Have you tried swapping cables?
  3. yeah not the cables... i just find it extremely wierd that brand new card could have 2 bad ports... that worked fine for a month or so.... just wierd...
  4. It happens though, RMA it if possible.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Power Graphics