Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia Geforce GTF 560 ti SC problem, no signal but recognized.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2012 1:42:51 AM

Installing a new gtx 560 ti SC but the monitor I was using (it worked, and still works when connected to the mobo, perfectly fine) gets no signal when I turn the computer on and it's plugged into the card. It's recognized under display adapters, but not by nvidia control panel or evga precision. When I try to open nvidia control panel, it says 'you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia GPU'. All of the connections were fine. Also, I had no video card before this, so I uninstalled my graphics chipset drivers before installing the card.

Gigabyte Z68-D3H-B3 mobo
Windows7
drivers are 285.62

I've tried the x8 card slot, and at first it said it was installing drivers and that it needed a restart, but then nothing changed after restart. I've tried two different monitors, one using a vga to dvi adapter and another using the hdmi to minihdmi port. Each monitor works fine when connected directly to the mobo, but both have the 'no signal' sign while the computer is on. I had two pcie 6 pins plugged in, but a friend suggested using 1 pcie and 2 4 pins through a converter; no change. The fan on the card is spinning, so power is getting to it.

Also, upon browsing msinfo, I have found that the card is in IRQ 16 (?) along with three other things: 2nd gen Intel processor family PCI-e controller, Intel management engine, and Intel 6 series/C200 series chipset family PCI-e root port 1. I don't know if that makes a difference, a friend just told me to check the IRQ.

Best solution

April 20, 2012 1:58:10 AM

You have a z68 mobo that means you can use the integrated graphics chip aswell as your 560 ti. I don't know why your friend suggested that but connect again your pci-e power connector to the 560 ti since it's safer than using two molex connectors. Your problem is a simple one to fix. You should just be able to go into the BIOS and from there select your main display adapter as PCI-E x16.

EDIT: Providing that your graphics card IS currently on the PCI-Ex16 slot.
April 20, 2012 3:16:05 AM

Best answer selected by Zeroyn.
Score
Related resources
April 20, 2012 3:16:52 AM

Thanks man, worked like a charm. And to think, I was working on this thing for 6+ hours when the answer was so simple.
Score
a c 172 Î Nvidia
April 20, 2012 10:31:26 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!