Please help-- will this computer run diablo 3??

jackcrab

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Hello,
i am trying to buy a computer for diablo 3. i am looking at a computer that has a graphics card Nvidia GT 540M (1gb) and 4gb ram and an i-7 processor.

is this enough to run diablo 3 on good settings?? (reccomended requirements: Nvidia Geforce GT 260 graphics card, 2 GB ram)

thanks!!
erin

matter37

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
yes it will run it, although i dont know how graphics intensive the game can get on max but you would be able to get it, also getting an i7 for diablo 3 is pointless, even for any games it is, go for a sandy bridge i5, it offers about equal performance to an i7 depending on the model, and is way cheaper but only loses a feature like hyperthreading, which is cool, but you will probably never use it, especially for gaming, also is this a laptop or a desktop?, i would like a link to the place you would buy it from as well, and i would also recommend building a computer, no matter what it is cheaper or you can get a way better computer for the same price, i can make a build for you based on what you want and your budget, unless it is a laptop, which you can still build, but i dont recommend

jackcrab

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
hey well thanks for the fast responses!! here is a link to the laptop i am looking at. again, sorry i dont know much about this. i am buying it for my brother and i know he wants to play diablo 3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214496

maybe i will see if i can find one with an i-5 processor. the only ones they have in stock right now i think are i-7s :(.

but you are pretty sure this can handle diablo 3 on higher settings??

thanks agian!!

jackcrab

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

well, i dont own the computer yet (looking at buying it if you guys think it'll run diablo 3) so running the software on those sites wont do me any good :(

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
according to the link, it's 1366 * 768. Should max it out pretty well. BTW, the mobile i7 is roughly equivalent to a desktop i5. I wouldn't try to downgrade it. This unit is future proofed on the processor, and at that res that graphics card is fine. If the price is right for you, go for it. looks like a decent deal to me.

matter37

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

compare mobile processors to other mobile processors, not mobile to desktop, and also, there is will be no noticeable performance difference on that resolution