~$1000 Gaming PC

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
Hi everyone, I was watching and reading tutorials on building PC's, and I think I am going to do it. I have a budget of about $1000, preferably less. I am only 15, and I have never done this before, but a few people younger than me have done it, so I figure I can. I'm good with Intel or AMD, whatever you think would be best.

Now onto the template,

Approximate Purchase Date: Hope to build it over summer break, which begins June 28th for me.

Budget Range: About $800 - $1000.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Internet, some video editing.

Parts Not Required: I've got a Razer mouse, decent Logitech USB Keyboard, and a 24i 1080p monitor. Speakers aren't required either, as long as the PC has Optical TOSLink out, I can just use my gaming headset.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Preferably all from one site, so its easier to keep track of stuff. As long as it ships to Canada and is a reputable source, I'm good with anything.

Parts Preferences: This is my first build, so whatever you guys think would be best.

Overclocking: Maybe, probably later on as game graphics start improving more.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future, but not a big deal.

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: I will be using it mostly for gaming, though I will also edit videos, as me and my friends make movies sometimes. I would like to play all games on high settings, and preferably use Fraps too. I play games like Minecraft, Just Cause 2, Diablo III, WoW and some shooters. Basically all types of games.

Thanks everyone,
VoiidWulf

i am currently using some core 2 duo t7100m with 1gb of ram to type this out. my desktop is a pentium e2220 with 3 gb of ram running on gma graphics. my other laptop is some acer with a i5 460m and gt540m.

i know they suck but im currently saving up for a i5 3570k + gtx670 system. i just need 2 more months worth of salary to get the system. i do have a mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb in the laptop

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I've got a job too, that's how I can afford a $1000 one.

Also, just noticed that that guys post got removed. Guess it was illegal. Luckily I downloaded it in time, now I have it running with BootCamp on my dad's i5 iMac. It works perfectly.

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

The i5 3570k and 670 are sweet!!!

I dont have a job but I still can afford my $1200 system by building it :D