~$1000 Gaming PC

Hi everyone, I was watching and reading tutorials on building PC's, and I think I am going to do it. I have a budget of about $1000, preferably less. I am only 15, and I have never done this before, but a few people younger than me have done it, so I figure I can. I'm good with Intel or AMD, whatever you think would be best.

Now onto the template,

Approximate Purchase Date: Hope to build it over summer break, which begins June 28th for me.

Budget Range: About $800 - $1000.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Internet, some video editing.

Parts Not Required: I've got a Razer mouse, decent Logitech USB Keyboard, and a 24i 1080p monitor. Speakers aren't required either, as long as the PC has Optical TOSLink out, I can just use my gaming headset.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Preferably all from one site, so its easier to keep track of stuff. As long as it ships to Canada and is a reputable source, I'm good with anything.

Parts Preferences: This is my first build, so whatever you guys think would be best.

Overclocking: Maybe, probably later on as game graphics start improving more.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future, but not a big deal.

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: I will be using it mostly for gaming, though I will also edit videos, as me and my friends make movies sometimes. I would like to play all games on high settings, and preferably use Fraps too. I play games like Minecraft, Just Cause 2, Diablo III, WoW and some shooters. Basically all types of games.

Thanks everyone,
VoiidWulf
10 answers Last reply
More about 1000 gaming
  1. no worries. im 14

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/ads7

this should play most games on high/ultra
  2. TheBigTroll said:
    no worries. im 14

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/ads7

this should play most games on high/ultra

No way me too
  3. 2fast4thetown_down said:
    No way me too

apparently there are a lot of 14-15 year olds on this website. So is amuffin
  4. TheBigTroll said:
    apparently there are a lot of 14-15 year olds on this website. So is amuffin

That is wierd you wouldnt think 14-15 yar olds could afford a nice pc but some of us can I mean look at my setup. What is your setup?
  5. 2fast4thetown_down said:
    That is wierd you wouldnt think 14-15 yar olds could afford a nice pc but some of us can I mean look at my setup. What is your setup?

i am currently using some core 2 duo t7100m with 1gb of ram to type this out. my desktop is a pentium e2220 with 3 gb of ram running on gma graphics. my other laptop is some acer with a i5 460m and gt540m.

i know they suck but im currently saving up for a i5 3570k + gtx670 system. i just need 2 more months worth of salary to get the system. i do have a mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb in the laptop
  6. and yes i have a job
  7. I've got a job too, that's how I can afford a $1000 one.

Also, just noticed that that guys post got removed. Guess it was illegal. Luckily I downloaded it in time, now I have it running with BootCamp on my dad's i5 iMac. It works perfectly.
  8. TheBigTroll said:
    i am currently using some core 2 duo t7100m with 1gb of ram to type this out. my desktop is a pentium e2220 with 3 gb of ram running on gma graphics. my other laptop is some acer with a i5 460m and gt540m.

i know they suck but im currently saving up for a i5 3570k + gtx670 system. i just need 2 more months worth of salary to get the system. i do have a mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb in the laptop

The i5 3570k and 670 are sweet!!!

I dont have a job but I still can afford my $1200 system by building it :D
  9. TheBigTroll said:
    and yes i have a job

Are you in the US??? The Best buy me is hiring but I think you have to be 15 to work there :(
  10. just PM me. i dont want to mess up his post
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems