Corsair TX650 PSU fans are not spinning

thechairman19

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
I just finishing building a new computer and put in a Corsair TX650 PSU. When I turn it on, the fan spins, but then shuts off and doesn't turn back on, can this be a problem?

D

Deleted member 362816

Dont quote me but a few corsair psu I have had in the past ax750 the fan only ran if it needed to due to temps, It honestly only ran when I was in a game and my gtx 580 was at 60+% usage.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Many / most modern power supplies control their own internal fan's speed, similar to what is done by a mobo for case cooling fans. This means the CPU fan may start up right away when first turned on. But a few seconds later it may slow or even stop, and stay that way until the PSU heats up under load. Then it will run slowly, and speed up as needed.

One of the 'signatures' of the new TX series is that the fan spins when the system is first switched on, to demonstrate to users that the fan does work (in an attempt to stop people complaining that their PSU/PSU fan doesn't work) and then it stops.

Like I said it is a recent addition to the TX series.

demonsparkx

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Quite thankful to hear that,I didn't know about that feature either as I just bought one and was going wtf? It spins at startup or when first turned on then stops. I've tested under quite a heavy load already and still haven't seen it spin up yet. Mind you the case was open and I kept feeling all areas of the psu,and was only slightly warm 70-75F at most and at one time maybe around low 80's F.