Sign in with
Your question

Ripple in computer screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2012 5:45:48 AM

Hello,
I have a ripple in my screen that makes it look shaky and unstable. What could be causing it? Also my computer freezes quite frequently, I have run several spyware/malware programs with no results. Could this all be connected to the same problem? I have an Emachine t6524, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+, ATI Radeon Xpress200.

Thanks
Jolene

More about : ripple computer screen

a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2012 6:21:41 AM

Do you mean like a vertical line?
Could you post a picture of this 'ripple'?
Could be related to the monitor.
m
l
April 20, 2012 5:05:02 PM

I think I said it wrong, the whole screen ripples, it appears very "shaky" making everything on the screen difficult to read. I had the same monitor on a different computer and it works fine.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2012 5:07:37 PM

Could be a driver related issue.
Try another one.
m
l
April 20, 2012 5:29:09 PM

jd1223 said:
Hello,
I have a ripple in my screen that makes it look shaky and unstable. What could be causing it? Also my computer freezes quite frequently, I have run several spyware/malware programs with no results. Could this all be connected to the same problem? I have an Emachine t6524, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+, ATI Radeon Xpress200.

Thanks
Jolene

three possibilities

1) Your refresh settings are too high try lowering them.

How to change your refresh rate in xp

2) heatsink on your builtin video card is loose or video chip is damaged requires you either get a new motherboard or install a new video card, also you may want to check for bulging capacitors on your motherboard.

2) bad driver or malware causing the lockups and too high of a refresh rate.
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
April 20, 2012 5:37:38 PM

I'm imagining a CRT monitor doing that degauss thing. BWOOOOMMMMMMMMM click.
m
l
!