Ipaq 1940 & Nokia 6230

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 20, 2004 12:51:48 AM

Has anybody heard when the problem of connecting these two devices by
bluetooth may be solved?
At the moment I can use rom version 1.00 with patch to pair, but the
bluetooth connection locks-up, or can use rom version 1.10 where the
bluetooth connection dosen't lock up but I can't pair with the 6230 for
security reasons. The patch dosn't seem to work with rom 1.10
aaaargh

Andy

More about : ipaq 1940 nokia 6230

Anonymous
June 20, 2004 8:22:41 AM

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:51:48 +0000 (UTC), "Andy" <nobody@nowhere.co>
wrote:

>The patch dosn't seem to work with rom 1.10 aaaargh

The patch works perfectly on my h2210 with the new rom version. I dont
think there will be a good solution in the near future. As far as I
know HP says its Nokias fault, and Nokia says HP must do something.
So, I'm afraid we have to use the path instead :-(
June 20, 2004 2:31:48 PM

Is it possible there are different versions of the patch? I have tried
several times with no success. Could you email me your working version of
the patch please? - andy_bbuk"at"hotmail.com
Many thanks

Andy

"Florian Brandner" <usenet@brandner.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:51:48 +0000 (UTC), "Andy" <nobody@nowhere.co>
> wrote:
>
> >The patch dosn't seem to work with rom 1.10 aaaargh
>
> The patch works perfectly on my h2210 with the new rom version. I dont
> think there will be a good solution in the near future. As far as I
> know HP says its Nokias fault, and Nokia says HP must do something.
> So, I'm afraid we have to use the path instead :-(

June 20, 2004 5:46:05 PM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:31:48 +0000 (UTC), "Andy" <nobody@nowhere.co>
wrote:

>Is it possible there are different versions of the patch? I have tried
>several times with no success. Could you email me your working version of
>the patch please? - andy_bbuk"at"hotmail.com

I got mine here:
http://www.ppc-welt.info/community/attachment.php?attac...

As far as I know there's only one patch. I've heard from people
running the same PDA, with the same rom and os versions, trying the
same patch. On one it worked, on the other, identical PDA it didn't.
But it's a early version. I'm sure there's a better solution sooner or
later.
June 20, 2004 10:44:07 PM

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:31:48 +0000 (UTC), "Andy" <nobody@nowhere.co>
> wrote:
>
> >Is it possible there are different versions of the patch? I have tried
> >several times with no success. Could you email me your working version of
> >the patch please? - andy_bbuk"at"hotmail.com
>
> I got mine here:
> http://www.ppc-welt.info/community/attachment.php?attac...
>
> As far as I know there's only one patch. I've heard from people
> running the same PDA, with the same rom and os versions, trying the
> same patch. On one it worked, on the other, identical PDA it didn't.
> But it's a early version. I'm sure there's a better solution sooner or
> later.

Thanks for that Florian, I downloaded this one and it's the same as the one
I had so I guess I will have to wait for HP to resolve the problem :(

Andy
!