delete files

Does anyone know any free programs that delete the already deleted files
regards
Mark
7 answers Last reply
More about delete files

    Huh? If you simply open the Recycle Bin and delete the contents, they are
    gone. How can you delete something that has already been deleted?

    "Big mark" <mark@duke13.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know any free programs that delete the already deleted files
    > regards
    > Mark

    take a look at Ontrack (it ain't free though)
    http://www.ontrack.com/dataeraser/

    > Does anyone know any free programs that delete the already deleted files
    > regards
    > Mark

    "Big mark" <mark@duke13.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know any free programs that delete the already deleted files
    > regards
    > Mark

    Are you thinking of file shredders?

    http://www.tucows.com/preview/266328.html

    Or do a search on file shredders.

    You might want to consider that, if you are concerned about security, you'll
    probably get what you pay for.

    HTH
    -pk

    NO they are not just gone they are stored on the hard drive

    Hi Big Mark,

    I may be wrong here (no doubt someone will correct me if I am) but if you
    defrag the hard drive after deleting your sensitive data the files will
    become unrecoverable even for an undeleter.

    Andy

    "Big mark" <mark@duke13.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know any free programs that delete the already deleted files
    > regards
    > Mark

    Yes, that's correct. No file deleted by choosing to right click and then
    selecting Delete, or by selecting the file and choosing Edit>Delete is
    removed from the hard drive. That file space is simply made available for
    writing by the operating system. Nothing is ever "deleted" from your hard
    drive without the use of third-party, so called "file shredder" applications
    and disk overwrite programs.

    Is this what you are asking about?

    > NO they are not just gone they are stored on the hard drive

    Yes that's it
    Regards