HDMI (GTX 560) - HDMI (Panasonic TX-P50G30Y) | Setting or cable issue?

Kenzai

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hi!

I've recently updated my hardware at home and have just tried connecting one of my graphic cards to my new TV but I'm not quite satisfied with the results.
Currently I'm duplicating the displays and when viewing on my computer display the videos and games run smooth without problems but on the TV I get the feeling that it's a bit out of sync and I experience the movement slows down and catches up in short intervals (I'm sorry for not beeing able to describe it better).

Resolution: 1920x1080
Refresh rate: 60hz
HDMI-HDMI cable: 10m (~33 feet)

Computer specs
*Graphic cards: 2x Asus GeForce ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 1GB
*Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3
*Power supply: OCZ ZX Series 850W
*RAM: 16GB - Corsair XMS3 Vengeance DDR3 PC15000/1866MHz CL9 2x4GB
*Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K 3,3GHz Socket 1155 Box
*HDD: Corsair Force GT Series 120GB
*HDD: Samsung EcoGreen F2 HD103SI 32MB 2TB
*CPU fan: Zalman CNPS10X Performa

I've tried setting the TV as my primary display and ran it as a single display but the result was the same (tested from both cards). I've also tried lowering the refresh rate between 50-60hz but with no good results.

Have I missed something simple or might it be the HDMI cable itself?
I've read alot of threads stating that longer cables can produce bad results but I've also been reading an equal amount of threads that it's just talk. As long as the 1s and 0s reach the device the result will be the same. So instead of buying an expensive Supra/Monster cable I bought an cable from Exibel which was reasonably priced in between the most expensive and the cheapest. Since the GTX 560 has a mini HDMI I'm using the adapter that came with the cards, if that might be an issue.

I'm really not up to date regarding how this works and I hope someone with more experience can help.

A big thanks in advance!

Best reguards,
Kenzai

randomkid

Distinguished
For up to 1920x1080, I prefer to connect the TV to the PC via VGA cable. But seeing that your TV does not have VGA port, then it is not an option.
And besides, you already have the HDMI cable.

Have you tried tinkering on the TV menu itself? The picture setting sometimes allow automatic reset where the TV optimize the display for the signal input. See if you have this in your TV menu. Good luck.

Kenzai

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hi and thank you for the quick response!

I've tried various settings on my TV to assure to get an optimal picture and frame rate, just forgot to mention it in the thread. My apologies!

I have tried activating the THX-mode (which, as I understand it, should be along the lines of what you describe. It analyzes and attempts to set the optimal settings by itself in a cinema standard. I've acquired a GREAT picture but the sync issue sadly still remains...

randomkid

Distinguished
Sorry for getting back late.

I used 10 meeting HDMI cable myself between my PC and Samsung TV but I do not have such problem. I only experience it when running in duplicate display between Samsung TV & LG monitor so I do not do it now.

I suppose I do not have any more input as it may already be related to your particular TV. Hope others find your thread & be able to give more help.

Regards.