How do I upgrade my intel core i3-2330m processor

Hello, I was wondering how would i be able to upgrade this or even get a new, faster processor. I understand that the processor and graphics card are integrated but if it is still possible to replace them in my HP Pavilion G6 and if so, where could i do it?
10 answers Last reply
More about upgrade intel core 2330m processor
  1. tdreyes94 said:
    Hello, I was wondering how would i be able to upgrade this or even get a new, faster processor. I understand that the processor and graphics card are integrated but if it is still possible to replace them in my HP Pavilion G6 and if so, where could i do it?


    You have to go onto HP's website and look up your model number. Once you get that you have to look to see what processors are compatible with the motherboard on your laptop model. You can probably change the CPU but your choices will probably be very limited.
  2. Since OP has a laptop, I would imagine he wouldn't be able to make a very significant upgrade, if at all. Thermals would be too restrictive.
  3. With any OEM motherboard sold in major-brand prebuilt PCs/laptops, the BIOS' CPU support is usually extremely limited. As rds said, there probably is nothing really worth upgrading to assuming you can even find any of the possible upgrade CPUs anywhere.
  4. hmm, why do you want a faster processor? as far as i know the i3 is ok...
  5. 1depp1 said:
    hmm, why do you want a faster processor? as far as i know the i3 is ok...

    He may want more cores to speed up his rendering speed. Or he may find that his gaming experience is unsatisfactory. Or he may just want to upgrade to have 'bragging rights'. There's an endless list :p
  6. mocchan said:
    He may want more cores to speed up his rendering speed. Or he may find that his gaming experience is unsatisfactory. Or he may just want to upgrade to have 'bragging rights'. There's an endless list :p

    yea i know, thats y im asking the OP why he wanted to upgrade...
  7. 1depp1 said:
    yea i know, thats y im asking the OP why he wanted to upgrade...



    gaming pretty much. i just wanted to know if i could upgrade this laptop because i don't have a lot of money to spend on a gaming laptop
  8. tdreyes94 said:
    gaming pretty much. i just wanted to know if i could upgrade this laptop because i don't have a lot of money to spend on a gaming laptop

    a cpu upgrade wont help u pretty much at all the power you need is in a gpu for gaming best bet would be to sell the laptop and swap for a more appropriate setup unfortunately
  9. tdreyes94 said:
    gaming pretty much. i just wanted to know if i could upgrade this laptop because i don't have a lot of money to spend on a gaming laptop


    Upgrading the CPU really isn't going to do much. Even IF you could put an I7 QM in there (and I doubt you can) you are still lacking in the graphics area and still aren't going to be able to play games at ultra high resolutions with ulra settings and get decent frame rates. Really if you want to play games at those kinds of setting you are going to have to get a gaming laptop or a gaming desktop.
  10. as said, no need to upgrade your laptop cpu if for gaming, get a nice gaming pc or laptop.
    what i suggest is looking through tomshardware articles on gaming builds.

    also, try get an ASUS A53T 15.6' for a budget gaming laptop...i have this laptop and its a AMD A6 3420M, quad core, crossfire between onboard graphic of HD6520 + HD7670

    plays BF3, Crysis 2 on medium at 1366 x 768 resolution...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Graphics Cards Processors Intel