Solved

[Liquid Cooler]

I have a MSI Nighthawk as a case right now and i have a MSI Z77A-GD55 and a GTX 660 ti in the pcix 3.0 slot with 2 120 mm fans on the side panel. Will a corsair h60 or a h80 fit in my case?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about liquid cooler
  1. Yes, but I wouldn't recommend them. A decent air cooler would beat a H60/80.
  2. ^ +1

NH-D14 is right up the H80's alley in terms of price. Same price (if not cheaper) for MUCH better performance.
  3. obsama1 said:
    Yes, but I wouldn't recommend them. A decent air cooler would beat a H60/80.

What air cooler?
  4. mocchan said:
    ^ +1

NH-D14 is right up the H80's alley in terms of price. Same price (if not cheaper) for MUCH better performance.

I don't think the noctua will fit in my case i have 2 120 mm fans on my side panel.
  5. BlindedFate said:
    I don't think the noctua will fit in my case i have 2 120 mm fans on my side panel.

Looking at your case on Newegg, yes, I would think the fans would interfere not allowing you to fit very tall CPU coolers. I would take a look at the NH-C14 :) If you would still prefer the H60/H80, there isn't anything wrong with those coolers, however, I would prefer to stay away (too many points of failure. Brother RMA'd 3 H100's due to a faulty pump. His working H100's pump is clicking due to his PSU providing 12.3v [clicking pumps are easily fixed by resistors, however, but that's an extra unneeded cost])
  6. mocchan said:
    Looking at your case on Newegg, yes, I would think the fans would interfere not allowing you to fit very tall CPU coolers. I would take a look at the NH-C14 :) If you would still prefer the H60/H80, there isn't anything wrong with those coolers, however, I would prefer to stay away (too many points of failure. Brother RMA'd 3 H100's due to a faulty pump. His working H100's pump is clicking due to his PSU providing 12.3v [clicking pumps are easily fixed by resistors, however, but that's an extra unneeded cost])

Okay do you recommend any air coolers?
  7. That also works with the 1155 socket
  8. Best answer
    Since you're really height restricted, I would probably recommend the Cooler Master GeminII S524 or the Noctua NH-C14. Other than that, I would probably say the all-in-one units are acceptable since you're so tight on space (I doubt a Hyper 212 Plus/EVO would fit due to your 120MM fans)
  9. Best answer selected by BlindedFate.
  10. mocchan said:
    Since you're really height restricted, I would probably recommend the Cooler Master GeminII S524 or the Noctua NH-C14. Other than that, I would probably say the all-in-one units are acceptable since you're so tight on space (I doubt a Hyper 212 Plus/EVO would fit due to your 120MM fans)

Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cases MSI-Microstar