Also, two wireless cards stop working at once!?

mattdude

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2004
The reason I'm trying to network the two computers via a router in the first place (as written in my other thread) is because the wireless cards in both computers all of a sudden decided to stop working. I hadn't done any changes to the computers before it happened, they just suddenly, for no apparent reason, decided to quit. These were two D-links. I had a wireless network of three computers, one stationary and two laptops. One of the laptop's network cards still works - a Mitsubishi card. I can put it in the other laptop and it will work fine, and I can put the D-link card in either of the computers and it won't work in either one. Is it the wireless router that's causing the problems you think? I find that odd too since the router is also D-Link, yet suddenly refuses to work with D-link network cards? Any ideas? Thanks again!

riser

Illustrious
I have an idea.

I suppose I should share it. How do you know both cards aren't working? Have you checked their settings? Have you reset your router?

If one card works, the other 2 don't, then it's not a router issue. I'd check to make sure they're all on the same Wireless Channel. I'd reset the router and start from scratch.