giper54

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
For what it is worth I just read this at the inquirer
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29320

WORD HAS IT that the pretty pretty socket M2 from AMD will be a little late. How late? Well we were hearing March, then March/April, AKA late Q1/early Q1. That was the way it would stay for months and months. It looked like a Cebit rollout, availability starting soon after.

Then all of a sudden, we heard September, a big oopsie in the chips world, a 2Q slip. That was the story for about a week, late Q3. Soon after, a bunch more people said it was not late Q3, but early Q3, July or so to be exact. Moral of the story, it is looking an awful lot like a 1Q slip, and a mid-year launch. µ

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
I just feel sorry for those people who were delaying their next computer purchases until March to wait for AM2. I guess they'll have to wait 3-6 months then.

This'll be very interesting for competition now that AM2 and Merom and family will be launched on top of each other.

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
ya might be onto something, maybe AMD is making some last minute changes to offset the Merom's new found power for Intel? Maybe 1066 FSB instead of 800 or something like that... hell I dont know :D

Hide

Teh_Catman

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2005
I really see no point in AMD going DDR2 they should really skip it. Unless Intel can put there mony where there marketing is (perfromance per watt) what a joke that is.

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
There is a new stepping of A64 out now which end's with 3e rather than 2e and a guy over @ xtremesystems has 2 of the same chip which do the same exactly the same which is over 3ghz on stock air and volts. They are both 3700+ chips so it may so high binned chips may go even higher. Imagine every new A64 capable of 3ghz on air 8O

TRENDING THREADS