Sign in with
Your question

Just wanted to know what everyone thought of my PC...

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 16, 2012 9:01:26 AM

Its my first real gaming build..

MSI 970A-G46 motherboard
AMD FX -8120
ZALMAN CNPS 7500 CPU Fan/Heatsink
16gb CORSAIR Vengence DDR3
2x GTX 560 Ti (Twin Frozr)
Diablotek 775w PSU
Bluray Burner
NZXT Fan Control/Temperature Monitor
Dual 2.5" hot swap bay

More about : wanted thought

June 16, 2012 9:11:28 AM

Did you buy this already? Bulldozer is a dead end CPU, and outperformed in gaming by a i3 dual core CPU. 16 gb of RAM for gaming is useless and expensive. And the DiabloTek PSU is garbage. You wouldve been better served with a single 670 than 2 560s. You asked.
m
l
June 16, 2012 9:17:12 AM

a few months ago. i was on a budget from my fiance unfortunately..i do alot with this system more than just gaming. i upgraded to the diabotek from a 680w apevia. i do more than just gaming, like alot of photoshop and 3d design so i wanted something that could seriously multitask as well as be good for gaming.

when i got it, for the price of everything..it was within my budget
m
l
Related resources
June 16, 2012 9:25:04 AM

Well the the 8120 isnt too bad for that kinda stuff. And the RAM is usable for those applications. I would still replace that PSU with a quality Seasonic, Antex, XFX, Corsair, PC Power and Cooling. One of those brands.Diablotek is known more for blowing up PCs than powering them well.
m
l
June 16, 2012 9:30:59 AM

ive always been an AMD and Nvidia fan. i do more on the graphical work than i do gaming, and i know with the graphics card, the number of cuda cores was good..even though i want the 560 with 448 cores..but..damn budget! The PSU, i did some reasearch, and alot of reviews said it was good..but also, was the cheapest upgrade. and considering i like the visual aspect of everything as well, the entire inside of my case is blue and black..and i wasnt about to suffer an ugly looking PSU either, haha
m
l
June 16, 2012 9:40:03 AM

vrumor said:
Did you buy this already? Bulldozer is a dead end CPU, and outperformed in gaming by a i3 dual core CPU. 16 gb of RAM for gaming is useless and expensive. And the DiabloTek PSU is garbage. You wouldve been better served with a single 670 than 2 560s. You asked.

agreed
m
l
June 16, 2012 9:44:29 AM

ChaotX said:
ive always been an AMD and Nvidia fan. i do more on the graphical work than i do gaming, and i know with the graphics card, the number of cuda cores was good..even though i want the 560 with 448 cores..but..damn budget! The PSU, i did some reasearch, and alot of reviews said it was good..but also, was the cheapest upgrade. and considering i like the visual aspect of everything as well, the entire inside of my case is blue and black..and i wasnt about to suffer an ugly looking PSU either, haha

what reviews? user reviews? those don't count. Websites that actually test the psu and review it count. Diablotek makes crappy PSUs. Sure it looks nice but that ain't gonna make you feel better when it fails one day.

Read these reviews on a 650 watt and 1050 watt Diablotek PSUs both get failing marks. Not the same PSU you have but can you trust a company that makes such crappy stuff?

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/12/17/diablotek_phd...

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

Never skimp on a PSU, you get what you pay for

m
l
June 16, 2012 9:49:26 AM

ill probably upgrade the psu when i get a job..just recently lost mine when i had to do the upgrade.its not like i leave the thing running for days anyways, i only have it on when i'm using it i want something more powerful anyways and with pretty blue lights, haha. no problems with it so far. my computer idles at 27 degrees Celsius being my lowest temp, and 32-34 being my highest. i do plan on upgrading the video cards..but only when i can afford it. i appreciate the feedback!
m
l
June 16, 2012 9:57:03 AM

Aside from the Psu, I don't see an issue with that Pc lasting you a few years at reasonable playability,
Upgrade the Pos Psu as soon as you can, but don't throw money at the rig unnecessarily,
how many monitors you playing on and at what resolution?
Moto
m
l
June 16, 2012 9:59:22 AM

one monitor..i can run crysis at max, 16xaa, v sync off at 1080p no problem
m
l
June 16, 2012 10:10:06 AM

There we go, no need to throw new hardware at it just yet :) 
in 2-3 years when you feel things are unplayable then look at new gear,
but for my money the only thing that needs, and I mean NEEDS replacing is the Psu,
you can go all elite and spend more if you wish, but its wasted money to my mind
Enjoy your Pc man, its tidy for a first build, you will get a bit of flak on forums from some people because its not the 990 chipset or has three ssd's in raid, but throw some pics up in the members gallery and you'll get more positive comments than negative,
just make sure those cables are tidy or I'll chew you out hehe :) 
Moto
m
l
June 16, 2012 10:14:04 AM

yea, the case doesnt allow for the best cable management. i need to get an ssd, but right now, no job. just surviving on what i have in my checking account and my fiance's job for now..kind of hard to get a job when you get fired for pushing another employee. if i had known he was going to call the cops and get an assault and battery charge against me, i was have just knocked him out. but hey..lesson they learned there..don't harass my fiance.
m
l
!