Converter Question

JeffSwift

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Hi, I am trying to run 4 monitors with my HD 7850 Graphics card. It supports 2 mini displayports, 1 dvi, and 1 hdmi. 3 of my monitors only support VGA, and my last one supports vga and dvi. Currently I have converters for 2 mini displayports to vga which are working fine. I have the dvi monitor connected to the dvi port which also works. However, my vga to hdmi converter that I bought on amazon doesn't bring up a display. I was thinking about maybe having a vga to dvi converter and then a dvi to hdmi cable but I'm not sure if that would work either. Please Help! tl;dr: vga to hdmi converter doesn't work and I need help.

Here are the basic Eyefinity rules from AMD's site:

-The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
-The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
-If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an active DisplayPort adapter for it.

Is your converter active or passive?

The majority of customers rating that product seem to state that they had trouble getting it to work with a PC-to-TV output. I found something in the specifications:

"Cable transmit video signals up to 1024 x 768 pixel resolution"

What resolution are you trying to output?