Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Card on Deathbed?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 20, 2012 2:54:16 PM

Hi guyz,
HAving common issue which almost every nV user have, not responding error by driver, but this time it appear with making my screen pinkish and flactuated for few second then it says, driver wasnt responding. I know nV have this issue in many drivers but just tell me due to this is my card on risk or on any harmful stage???

More about : card deathbed

a c 201 U Graphics card
April 20, 2012 3:02:28 PM

right now it java that not working well with nvidia video drivers. try updating java and in java itself turn off hardware exsloration (sp). and se if the card stops locking up. also sometime when you update to a newer driver parts of the old drivers are left in the registry. i would use a drive sweeper and then load the 298 or the newest driver from nvidia web page. if the card still locking up it may be on it way out.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2012 3:04:37 PM

Which drivers are you currently using?
Try rolling back to previous or more stable driver, that you have had.

m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2012 3:06:33 PM

No nothing is wrong with your card, I had the same issue. Its just NVIDIA's driver team has hit a little rough patch lately with their drivers. But they will fix them.... They always Do!
m
0
l
April 21, 2012 7:20:49 AM

Gman450 said:
Which drivers are you currently using?
Try rolling back to previous or more stable driver, that you have had.


LAstest one, and recently i installed win7 so no chances of old driver files, I installed fresh new latest version.
m
0
l
April 21, 2012 7:23:00 AM

smorizio said:
right now it java that not working well with nvidia video drivers. try updating java and in java itself turn off hardware exsloration (sp). and se if the card stops locking up. also sometime when you update to a newer driver parts of the old drivers are left in the registry. i would use a drive sweeper and then load the 298 or the newest driver from nvidia web page. if the card still locking up it may be on it way out.



From where to turnoff, tell me the root?
m
0
l
April 21, 2012 7:23:55 AM

Thnx all! Good to hear that my card is okay. Otherwise I was planning to buy 6870. But from heart, I know what nV has, thats awsm!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 21, 2012 12:30:28 PM

taimoorali007 said:
LAstest one, and recently i installed win7 so no chances of old driver files, I installed fresh new latest version.

Try a different driver then. You might be using the beta 301.24. Try 295.73 or 296.10.
m
0
l
April 21, 2012 3:39:32 PM

Gman450 said:
Try a different driver then. You might be using the beta 301.24. Try 295.73 or 296.10.


I am using 296.10.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 21, 2012 4:23:12 PM

taimoorali007 said:
I am using 296.10.

Either try the ones that recon-uk told you to, or use the 295.73.
m
0
l
!