Promise RAID

G

Hi - I have just installed the MSI KT7 mobo w/ Promise RAID controller. I have one IDE drive on the regular IDE channel (i believe it is channel 1) and two drives on the RAID contoller (one on channel 3 and one on channel 4, both are set as master). The FAST TRACK BIOS setup seemed to go OK - I selected the mirror option and the array is 'Functional'. However, the only HDD that I can access when using a win 98 bootdisk is the drive on channel 1. I can't see the RAID drives at all. How can I get at these drives to format and read and write? I have not installed an OS yet. I will be using Win2000 Server.
Thanks much.
John

FatBurger

Illustrious
Start up the 2000 setup program, hit F6 at the beginning (when it says "Hit F6 if you need to install third-party SCSI or RAID drivers), it'll go through loading a whole bunch of drivers. It'll get to a point where it stops and asks if you want to install any additional devices.

If your RAID card is listed, then just hit enter to continue. If, when you get to the point where you choose the drive to install to, it doesn't show the RAID drive, start over, and follow the steps below.

If it doesn't list your RAID card when it asks whether you want to install additional devices, then you need to hit 's', and insert the driver disk that came with your RAID card. You could download the drivers from their site if you don't have a disk like that.

It'll load the drivers, and you can continue setup and install W2k on the drives.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

TRENDING THREADS