codeman553

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
I got a workstation with a v4800 pushing out 3 30" 2560x1600 Monitors. It uses 1xDVI and 2xDP. I was wondering is there any ways i can run a 4th monitor at i think 1920x1080 on this single card without lowering the other 3 monitors resolution. There wont be any gaming or hardcore graphics use. 95% Online use only. The only other option i can think of is buying a low end card to run the fourth monitor. I dont wanna buy another v4800 for CF just for a 24" monitor.

Solution
If you use Windows 7 or Windows XP, it shouldn't matter which brand you use for extended desktop purposes, but this will not work with Windows Vista unless they are the same card.
You wouldn't need to crossfire the 2nd card to run the 4th monitor. You could buy any cheap card and use eyefinity without the use of crossfire. However, it will cause problems due to the different size of monitors, but you may be able to use it as an extended desktop from within Windows "screen resolution" menu by right clicking the desktop. (I've done this with 3 monitors, but nor 4).

Latest posts