Weird Temprature Readings

Trevstan

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Well i built my brothers PC yesterday and i have come across a weird problem.

Its a Intel G840 in a ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3 with 4gig of DDR3 ram and a HD 6670 ATI Graphics card.

Anywho the build went great everything went in easy... Checked the Bios to make sure temps were fine and the were great heres a current picture of them now.

9st3zq.jpg

Problem is when i got in to windows i checked the temps with Speed fan and was greeted with 90c heat and thought wtf so tested so other program some confirmed the 90c heat and others said it was around the 30 mark.

I have took a picture of them all together.

51ujhd.png

As you can see with the picture 2 are high Speedfan/HWMonitor the others (Asus tool,RealTemp and AIDA64) are running fine.

So i decided to Prime95 test it to see if it was running stable ran it for 10 minutes no hiccups or shutdowns and here are the temps while it was running.

15s8qio.png

As you can see the temps that were reporting low have come in around the 50ish mark under full stress, but the strange thing is speedfan/hwmonitor have reported them to come down :lol: so unless i have some kind of super computer that cools down as it gets busier something is a miss.

I have felt the side of the case and the heatsink after shutting the pc down and they are both cool.

Should i just ignore all the bad temp readings and give it to my brother to use?

Cheers for any help and input.

Trev.

no there not good. why the cpu cooler was cold is that it not fully sitting on the cpu. if it the stock intel cpu cooler tot the legs click when you pressed them down??. i would see if the heat sink moves..if it does it not seated. at idle your temps should be 35-40c or a little more with the stock heat sink. (i dont like the stock heat sink do to the cheap plastic legs that dont lock right.)
i tell people to toss the stock heat sink and buy one that uses a metal back plate ans screws.

Trevstan

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah the fan is firmly down and is touching the cpu as the paste was on both... Legs are fully clicked in.

What i find strange is the bios is reading 35-40 like you said, but inside of winodws the temps are eratic on certain programs (Speedfan/HWMonitor) but fine on others (Realtemp/Asus Utility/AIDA)...

And they also go backwards when stress testing it to 60ish degrees on the weird programs.

Trevstan

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah the bios temps are reporting correctly i guess but tried that program that you linked and got this... (Notice Real Temp/Core Temp next to it).

htfwpv.png