Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 21, 2004 7:18:23 PM

I'm confused.

I've recently upgraded from a Nokia 6800 and am getting ready to
return the 6800 as part of the package agreement.

The SIM card is now in the new phone but I'm confused as to what
remains on the 6800.

Does it have my old Contacts, my filed Message, my Ringtones. In fact,
could someone pls explain what lives where?

TIA,

JohnK

More about : sim phone memory

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 21, 2004 9:09:51 PM

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:18:23 +0000, John F Kappler wrote:

> I'm confused.
>
> I've recently upgraded from a Nokia 6800 and am getting ready to
> return the 6800 as part of the package agreement.
>
> The SIM card is now in the new phone but I'm confused as to what
> remains on the 6800.
>
> Does it have my old Contacts,

Probably. Sometimes a duplacate of what's in the SIM.

> my filed Message,

Again probably.

> my Ringtones.

Definately. Ringtones are NOT stored on the SIM.

> In fact,
> could someone pls explain what lives where?

All the above are in the phone, plus Java games, personal settings,
reminders, 'wallet' contents, email messages, 'to do' lists.

The SIM just stores your phonebook entries, and SMS messages(If saved to
the SIM).

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 21, 2004 10:32:10 PM

Thanks for that - makes things clearer so now I can post another
question....

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:09:51 +0100, michael turner
<zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:18:23 +0000, John F Kappler wrote:
>
>> I'm confused.
>>
>> I've recently upgraded from a Nokia 6800 and am getting ready to
>> return the 6800 as part of the package agreement.
>>
>> The SIM card is now in the new phone but I'm confused as to what
>> remains on the 6800.
>>
>> Does it have my old Contacts,
>
>Probably. Sometimes a duplacate of what's in the SIM.
>
>> my filed Message,
>
>Again probably.
>
>> my Ringtones.
>
>Definately. Ringtones are NOT stored on the SIM.
>
>> In fact,
>> could someone pls explain what lives where?
>
>All the above are in the phone, plus Java games, personal settings,
>reminders, 'wallet' contents, email messages, 'to do' lists.
>
>The SIM just stores your phonebook entries, and SMS messages(If saved to
>the SIM).
>
>--
>Michael Turner

>Email (ROT13)

>zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
a b } Memory
June 21, 2004 11:49:12 PM

johnk@pceffect.co.uk (John F Kappler) wrote:

>Does it have my old Contacts, my filed Message, my Ringtones. In fact,
>could someone pls explain what lives where?

Depends on your phone settings - you can configure them yourself to
store stuff on the SIM or phone and copy between them. The default
for all recent Nokia handsets I've come across has been to use the
phone memory, thus all your stuff will probably still be on your old
phone.

--
>iv< Paul >iv<
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 22, 2004 10:56:34 AM

johnk@pceffect.co.uk (John F Kappler) wrote in message news:<40d6fbbb.33386765@news.btinternet.com>...

> I've recently upgraded from a Nokia 6800 and am getting ready to
> return the 6800 as part of the package agreement.
>
> The SIM card is now in the new phone but I'm confused as to what
> remains on the 6800.
>
> Does it have my old Contacts, my filed Message, my Ringtones. In fact,
> could someone pls explain what lives where?

Ringtones, are being stored in the phone's memory. In most cases, SMS
messages are also being stored in the phone's memory (in latest
version). The most powerful tool for data transfer from one phone to
another one is Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). You
can download the trial version here (
http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip/ ) to see, how it works.

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 22, 2004 5:06:39 PM

> > Does it have my old Contacts, my filed Message, my Ringtones. In fact,
> > could someone pls explain what lives where?

When I changed phones, I used Mobius from logomanager.co.uk to make
sure all my numbers, addresses, SMS messages and stuff went to my PC
(also meant I could put my phonebook straight on when I got my new
phone).