Sign in with
Your question

Help Choosing parts

Last response: in Systems
June 16, 2012 11:30:22 AM

Hi everybody,

Ok gonna get straight to the point and show you my build and its my first build so dont really know a whole lot so any criticism is welcome :

MB : Asus-P8Z77-V-pro or deluxe?

Is there any advantage in me getting the p8z77 if im going to be using a 2500k?

Case: Cooler Master HAF X

CPU : i5 2500k

Ram : Corsair 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Module Kit

Power supply : Corsair-CMPSU-750AXUK-Professional-Series

GFX CARD : Sapphire HD7850 2GB GDDR5 OC Graphics Card

My question is what cooler would i be best off using? I will be attempting a o/c of to 4.5 when gaming, a fan cooler is what im looking at and i was originally look at the v6 gt but im not so sure now if anyone could help me with picking one Id really appreciate it !
Thanks!

More about : choosing parts

June 16, 2012 11:59:53 AM

The v6 gt is a great cooler, but i'm not sure you'll be able to get 4.5 GHz with it. I use AMD CPUs, so i am not very familiar with intel ones, but in my experience, the more you overclock, the harder it is to get thw next little bit. In other words, it is relatively easy to go from 3.5 GHz to 4.0 GHz, but much harder to go from 4.0 GHz to 4.5 GHz. You might try the v8, or if you are willing to pay, the v10 is one of the best air coolers out there.
June 16, 2012 12:09:33 PM

I hear that lots of people make it to 4.5GHz with a 2500k and a CM 212 EVO cooler.

As for the motherboard, you should just line then up on the newegg site or the Asus site for a direct comparison, and just read off the features.
Related resources
June 16, 2012 2:27:57 PM

Hey thanks for the replys :) , i hear alot of people talking about the NH-D14, any of you got any experience with this cooler? i want to spend roughly about 60euro max on a cooler!
June 16, 2012 6:03:34 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!