Freezing. Random noises Brand New Zotac GT 440

Hello :hello: About 2 weeks ago I bought a 1 GB DDR3 GT 440, For the fist week it has worked great. All of sudden whenever I Play COD4 which is the only game this happens on, the card starts making a humming noise which is pretty loud. At random time intervals the game will freeze for a second then resume. When the game freezes the humming noise stops.

I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the GPU because I can play any other game fine, I played GTA IV maxed out for 3 hours straight no problem. I have not dropped the GPU or done anything else that would damage it, it`s fairly new. Can someone please help me.

My specs

AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition 3,5 GHZ (stock fan)
Asus M4A78LT-M LE
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Zotac GeForce GT 440 1024MB DDR3
Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 500 Watt
Seagate Barracuda SATA3 6.0Gb/s (1TB)
Cooler Master HAF 912 Case.
3 answers Last reply
More about freezing random noises brand zotac
  1. nvidia and ati drivers and firmware keep the card fan speed low to keep it quiet. the fan will rev up when the gpu hit x temp. some people use msi afterburner to set there own profile if they find that the gpu fan is not rev up to keep the card cool.
    i try msi afterburger and gpu-z to see what temp your card is running on the game that locking up.
  2. smorizio said:
    nvidia and ati drivers and firmware keep the card fan speed low to keep it quiet. the fan will rev up when the gpu hit x temp. some people use msi afterburner to set there own profile if they find that the gpu fan is not rev up to keep the card cool.
    i try msi afterburger and gpu-z to see what temp your card is running on the game that locking up.

The thing is that this only happens on COD4.
  3. I have the same card and this happens to me all the time. I leave my computer running for a few hours doing nothing graphically intensive and the card will freeze while my music continues playing. After a few seconds, my computer beeps once and restarts. It also happens when I'm playing games like LoL/Skyrim/ect. Its really random when it freezes, I could be playing for an hour straight then it could freeze or once i quit the game or not at all.

Sadly I've gone back to an older video card because its more reliable when I'm working or playing a game.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics