Should I get this PSU instead?

why me

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Hi, I went to the local market to buy Corsair TX650 v2 but it wasn't available there. The guy at the store suggests that I take Thermaltake TR2 700W instead. It was nearly for the same price of the corsair one had it been available. Do you think that they are of the same quality or should I pick something else? 700W is way over what I need but this was the least watts he has for a good PSU (all I need is even less than 600W).

This my build:
CPU: Intel i5 3550
MoBo: ASUS P8B75-V
RAM: 8GB 1600
GPU: Asus 7850-DC2-2GD5-V2
one HHD, one fan.

If you guys suggest other good alternatives to the TX650 then please list them and I will see what available. Also I know nothing about PSUs so I anything important I should pay attention to then please inform me.
Thanks.

The TR2 name was used for several bad PSUs, but the 700W is a very different story. Hardwaresecrets gave it their Golden Award and specifically wondered why they reused a name from bad PSUs for a good product.

No idea really odd if it's good they should not of done that :pfff:

Hi - that particular PSU did get a good review from Hardware Secrets (i think) , but generally the TR2's are not good.
I don't think I'd take that gamble. Where are you located & how much is your budget?

ooops - didn't see Sakkura's expl - looks like it's a go.

Tom

why me

Honorable
May 15, 2012
If there is a risk or gambling then I think I'll choose another one just to be safe. On saturday I will go there again and look for the availability of all your suggestions and get the cheapest one.

Thanks for all of you for your help. I appreciate it.

how much is your budget?
Prices are generally higher where I live. So I used the TX650 as a reference to the maximum price. I'll buy anything of similar quality but cheaper.