Sign in with
Your question

Please help in decission for motherboard and Graphics Card!

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Graphics Cards
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 16, 2012 8:01:03 PM

Hello, I've been looking for a while on a new PC upgrade,

and just cannot decide between those 2 Motherboards,
I will run them with a i5 3570k, 8gb ram, and Coolermaster 212 Hyper Evo.
I'll plan to OC at least to 4.0 in 1 year maybe. I don't need SLI that much. Just a 6gb sata for my new samsung ssd 128gb.
So:
Asrock z77 extreme 4 or Gigabyte z77x-d3h?

Another Question Graphics Card:
Should I get The HD 7870 Sapphire OC or the GTX 670?
Is it worth the extra money or can the sapphire handle bf3 also on ultra with no problems?
I mean I know i need to change every 2 years the card, so will the hd 7870 be future ready for 2 years?

Every help is welcome! :) 

More about : decission motherboard graphics card

June 17, 2012 9:06:19 PM

no one? :/ 
June 17, 2012 9:39:49 PM

Don`t worry, that 7870 should be able to run bf3 on ultra at good frame rate. As for the motherboard, take my advice with a grain of salt. It looks like the Asrock is a few bucks less and you will get more overclocking potential, but beyond that memory standard is pretty much the same. The gigabyte has more options as far as expansion slots go., seeing as it has a PCI 2.0 slot and the Asrock does not. Now this is just my opinion, but I would take the Gigabyte. I cant say for sure, but I think your 7870 will be good for a while.
Related resources
June 18, 2012 12:01:25 AM

thanks alot, ill take the sapphire hd 7870 oc, is there any difference between lite and full retail ? and how much frames will i get in bf3?

the price of the asrock and gigabyte is the same, so i really dont know which to take?
I heard both have oc potential to 4.5 easily so that's what i want to reach in about an year or so not now. I don't plan to cf either sli it doesn't makes sense to me, i'll just grab a new gpu in 2 years then. As mentioned i need the mobo for an ssd too. so both have same spec and alot reviews and forums say that the asrock is the better one but i don't trust asrock kinda, I like the gigabyte one more and now i really don't know what to do? Which one offers me more? I think gigabyte is the better and faster one, but maybe im wrong. I just want a normal mobo that can run what i have written above with no problems, and oc to 4.0-4.5 in future. that's it. :/ 
June 18, 2012 1:23:32 AM

santino5 said:
thanks alot, ill take the sapphire hd 7870 oc, is there any difference between lite and full retail ? and how much frames will i get in bf3?

the price of the asrock and gigabyte is the same, so i really dont know which to take?
I heard both have oc potential to 4.5 easily so that's what i want to reach in about an year or so not now. I don't plan to cf either sli it doesn't makes sense to me, i'll just grab a new gpu in 2 years then. As mentioned i need the mobo for an ssd too. so both have same spec and alot reviews and forums say that the asrock is the better one but i don't trust asrock kinda, I like the gigabyte one more and now i really don't know what to do? Which one offers me more? I think gigabyte is the better and faster one, but maybe im wrong. I just want a normal mobo that can run what i have written above with no problems, and oc to 4.0-4.5 in future. that's it. :/ 

Look, you probably know more than I do. I just wanted to offer an outside opinion based off of 20 minutes of research. I don`t even know what lite is. As to your question on frame rates, again I don`t know. (I haven`t even played on pc before, just research.) But, on the first bit of research, I saw a guy who was getting 50-60 frames on ultra, even on the large 64 man maps. I figured if that card could do that in optimal conditions, even if your rig was much worse than his (and you have a fine list of parts.) you would still get very playable frames. As to your motherboard questions, I cant say much for sure. I am only a few months into the idea of custom pc`s, so my known info is very, very holey. I don`t even know what mobo is. I can however, speculate that the asrock has more oc potential, so it will be up to date much longer. (a potential 2800 memory standard to the gigabyte`s 2400.) Also, on newegg they are of diff price. If after lots of research and forum surfing, and you still cannot decide, just go for one. After all, if it is so hard to decide, how much of a difference does it make? They are both great motherboards. The Gigabyte is 144.99 on newegg, and the asrock is 109.99 on newegg. Maybe one of them is cheaper than the website you are looking at? Don`t sweat it. If they both suit your needs, you can`t lose.
June 18, 2012 7:17:30 AM

Ah i don't know ;/ too much information everywhere xD
!