Question Concerning AHCI State

blackcat762

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Hello,
My last couple of computers have had the same thing- a very annoying high pitch buzzing coming from the satellite speakers on my desktop rig. I never could find a solution to this until recently I read that it was caused when the processor was on on idle stand-by, something to do with the frequency produced then. So I went into the BIOS and disabled C1E and core 6 state functions, and the noise is gone. (The silence is wonderful. )

My question is this, I have already noticed that it idles a few degrees warmer than before, but nothing excessive. Is there any other detrimental effect to having these settings disabled?

scorpinock2

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Nothing much, you just have your processor on full frequency all the time meaning its set on work mode where. It's on the full blast speed that its on when there is work or load on the cores so you have more energy consumption and heat. At most you loose a year or two off its life (irrelevant because it will probably be obsolete before it dies and if it's not overclocked theres no worries)