Sign in with
Your question

HD 6850 Frame Rate for Blu Ray Playback HTPC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 21, 2012 1:38:52 AM

Hi to everyone:

Completed my HTPC with a Radeon HD 6850 to play Blu Ray discs.
Now I am baffled by the available 1080p options in the ATI Vision Control Center.
There are so many 1080p options relating to refresh rate and frame rate it is confusing.
I see this as digital to digital as I am going from Blu Ray disc to HD6850 to Plasma TV on HDMI.
However, as I said ATI offers refresh rates 50 and 60 Hz. and various others as well as frame rates
such as 24 FPS ( this is a guess from my reading of the ATI Vision GUI options).
So , what is correct, I am not transmitting digital broadcast TV over the HDMI cable - just digital data I suppose.
Do I set the software / video card to a frame rate or refresh rate ?
April 21, 2012 1:55:23 AM

So no image appears on the TV?, if so, it could be that the tv isnt 1920x1080 resolution, it could be 720p, in which you would have to make your computer have it as a 720p resolution, but as for the 50 and 60 Hz, and the framerate, I just say set everything to highest, the HD 6850 should have no problem handing blu-ray with that, but the difference between the 10 Hz and 2 fps frame difference usually isnt noticable
April 21, 2012 2:02:37 AM

matter37 said:
So no image appears on the TV?, if so, it could be that the tv isnt 1920x1080 resolution, it could be 720p, in which you would have to make your computer have it as a 720p resolution, but as for the 50 and 60 Hz, and the framerate, I just say set everything to highest, the HD 6850 should have no problem handing blu-ray with that, but the difference between the 10 Hz and 2 fps frame difference usually isnt noticable

Sorry- no - I do get an image - pretty good too - with the card set at 60Hz or 24 (guessing FPS).
I do see some quality differences based on what I set - frame rate or refresh.
Additional the pixel setting something like 4-4-4 and 4-4-2 if recall makes a huge difference in
quality.
So , No problem in getting the image on the plasma TV ( It is a 1080pTV)- just wondering what is correct setting - a refresh rate or frame rate.
!