Solved

Best router for LAN/media streaming

Hello,

I'm currently looking for a fast, non-wireless router. My current router is cutting down on my download speeds(Yes, I have forwarded ports, disabled firewalls etc.)
Musts: Gigabit ethernet, preferably no wireless, relatively cheap.

Also, I would really appreciate it if I can disable the built-in firewall completely.

It will mainly be used for surfing, downloading and streaming of high quality movies.

If you have any questions, please, shoot!!

I'll be looking forward to your recommendations!: )
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best router media streaming
  1. Btw, my budget is around 100 us dollars, 75 euros :)
  2. Best answer
    Not sure if you're going to find a router without wireless that has gigabit ports... plenty of switches fit that criteria... but no router that I know of. That being said, I'm a fan of the D-Link DIR-655. Should be able to easily find it for under $100USD. If you don't need the wireless, it's easy to turn off.
  3. The_Prophecy said:
    Not sure if you're going to find a router without wireless that has gigabit ports... plenty of switches fit that criteria... but no router that I know of. That being said, I'm a fan of the D-Link DIR-655. Should be able to easily find it for under $100USD. If you don't need the wireless, it's easy to turn off.

Ah, I was afraid of that! :) Well, if it's easy to turn off, I guess there's no problem.. What about the firewall? Is it easy to turn completely off? I really hate those things..

Thanks alot btw! :)
  4. will this work

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127060

how about assign your computer a static IP and enter that IP into the DMZ.
  5. Hey all!

Thanks for the advice! I must admit that Emeralds suggestion looks more tempting, but I can't get it where I live(Denmark) so it's probably going to be the DIR-655.. I will order the router tomorrow, sunday, so any other suggestions is more than welcome before then! :)
  6. Best answer selected by JeppeVJ.
  7. Thank you too your all, I will be going with the DIR655 suggested by The_Prophecy!
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Firewalls Streaming Networking Product