user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I know I have seen this somewhere but can't find it now that I need
it. I want to edit the url for the search icon in IE to a search
engine of my choice. How do I do that?

Regards,

The Help and Support Center has the following entry. ( I searched for
Internet Search Engine) But when I do as set out, it does not say Google is
my default, which it is

To change the default Internet search service

When you search the Internet, you can choose the default search service you
want Search Companion to use.

1.. Click Start, and then click Search.
2.. Click Change preferences.
3.. Click Change Internet search behavior.
4.. In Select the default search engine, click the name of the search
service you want Search Companion to use by default.
Notes

a.. The option to change Internet search behavior might not be available
in your language version. If it is not, you can change the default Internet
search service by clicking Start, clicking Search, clicking Search the
Internet, and then clicking Customize.
b.. For information about changing the appearance of Search Companion,
click Related Topics.
Related Topics

--
Cheers,