Solved

CyberPC Custom Build Ok for Gaming?

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
June 16, 2012 10:25:32 PM

I was wondering if me shelling out $700+ was worth it

*BASE_PRICE:[+675]

BLUETOOTH:None

CAS:Thermaltake Commander Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black Color)

CASUPGRADE:None

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

CS_FAN:D efault case fans

FA_HDD:None

FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

FLASHMEDIA:None

FREEBIE_CS:None

FREEGAME_VC02:None

GLASSES:None

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2:None

IEEE_CARD:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

MEMORY:8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [-2] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MONITOR:None

MONITOR2:None

MONITOR3:None

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NETWORK:o nboard Gigabit LAN Network

NOISEREDUCE1:p ower Supply Gasket [+5]

NOISEREDUCE2:Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [+37]

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:None [-5]

TEMP:None

TVRC:None

USB:None

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

USBX:None

VIDEO:AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+0] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

VIDEO2:NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 4GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+79] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

VIDEO3:None

WNC:None

_PRICE:( +798)
June 16, 2012 11:10:09 PM

I don't like it. Just my opinion.

Take the time to sum up the cost of the parts to see if it is a good deal.

AMD is not so good for gaming. Intel i3 will usually be better. i3-2100 at the same price point will usually game better. Games need faster cores, not more cores.

I don't understand why they have a upcharge of $79 for a $80 gt630, when the 7770 is $130 or so.
Regardless, spend your budget first on a good graphics card, it is more important for gaming than the cpu.

Liquid cooling seems silly to me for this build.

Find out the brand of the psu, I bet it is crap. Regardless, 800w is way more than needed.
2gb x4 is a lousy way to get 8gb. 2 x4gb is better.
m
l
Anonymous
June 16, 2012 11:14:46 PM

geofelt said:

AMD is not so good for gaming. Intel i3 will usually be better. i3-2100 at the same price point will usually game better. Games need faster cores, not more cores.

I don't understand why they have a upcharge of $79 for a $80 gt630, when the 7770 is $130 or so.
Regardless, spend your budget first on a good graphics card, it is more important for gaming than the cpu.

Find out the brand of the psu, I bet it is crap. Regardless, 800w is way more than needed.

So basically youre telling me to spend, oh about $9000 morw? :heink: 
m
l
Related resources
June 16, 2012 11:21:38 PM

Anonymous said:
So basically youre telling me to spend, oh about $9000 morw? :heink: 

No, I just think a better combination of parts for your dollar is possible.

I don't know what Cyberpower is charging you to build it.
It is not so hard to do yourself. You are already doing the hard part, namely selecting good parts.
Or, pay a kid or a computer shop $100 to build it with your parts.

Compare yoour parts to this $650 build that tom's did a while ago in march:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-gaming-pc-ove...
m
l
Anonymous
June 16, 2012 11:22:24 PM

geofelt said:

#1 Should I switch to AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK, instead of the liquid cooling?

#2 And they only provide AMD's and NVIDIA's.
m
l
June 16, 2012 11:38:17 PM

Build it yourself, thats a garbage build. For the same money you can get an i3 2120, SSD, HD, and a 6850 GPU.
m
l
Anonymous
June 16, 2012 11:40:27 PM

vrumor said:
Build it yourself, thats a garbage build. For the same money you can get an i3 2120, SSD, HD, and a 6850 GPU.

Well thank you for complimenting my hardware choosing skills.
m
l
Anonymous
June 17, 2012 12:00:18 AM

vrumor said:

Guys please, all I want this build is for a few things, please at least tell me I can use this build for these, then I be out of your hair, I can buy with confidence (I do not want amazing FPS, I just want to play at some level with no lag), and keep this PC for these games. I want to play L.A. Noire, GTA 4, and Max Payne 3 with this setup. That is my main goal. IDC, if I won't be able to run BF3 Ultra Super-Duper Sparkly Graphics. I at least want to play those, and possibly new, upcoming PC games at a good framerate. I just want a yes or no, and you won't hear from me again. And I can die happy with what I have, crappy or not.
m
l
June 17, 2012 12:06:20 AM

No lag implies a higher level of performance.

You asked for advice; you might consider taking it.

My suggestion(not advice), buy what you listed. See how you do.
If you are satisfied, great. If you are not satisfied, sell it and buy something else. It is only money.
m
l
Anonymous
June 17, 2012 12:07:40 AM

geofelt said:
No lag implies a higher level of performance.

You asked for advice; you might consider taking it.

My suggestion(not advice), buy what you listed. See how you do.
If you are satisfied, great. If you are not satisfied, sell it and buy something else. It is only money.

I am your disciple, can I list the options of CPU's etc etc for you, and can you tell me which ones to go with?
m
l
June 17, 2012 12:13:18 AM

Anonymous said:
I am your disciple, can I list the options of CPU's etc etc for you, and can you tell me which ones to go with?

Here is a $650 build from Tom's last March. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-gaming-pc-ove...

If you will build it yourself, that is not a bad place to start.
m
l
Anonymous
June 17, 2012 12:15:12 AM

geofelt said:
Here is a $650 build from Tom's last March. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-gaming-pc-ove...

If you will build it yourself, that is not a bad place to start.

so now that all the 6950's are deactivated or $289+, is this build invalid?
m
l

Best solution

June 17, 2012 12:27:58 AM

Anonymous said:
so now that all the 6950's are deactivated or $289+, is this build invalid?

Here is a 6950 for $200 on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

But substitute any other equivalent performing card like the GTX560ti for $200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Or, spend the full $240 budget on a 7850: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Anonymous
June 17, 2012 12:31:46 AM

geofelt said:
Here is a 6950 for $200 on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

But substitute any other equivalent performing card like the GTX560ti for $200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Or, spend the full $240 budget on a 7850: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

JESUS, $200 just for the card?!?!? I'm going to stick with the CyberPC setup in the OP. I'll get back to you on that, until then. I'll set your comments as the best answer, then I'll get back to you. when I receive the PC.
m
l
June 17, 2012 12:33:37 AM

Um yeah. $200 is considered a low mid range budget for a vid card. The 7770 is like $130 and considered low end. You get what you pay for.
m
l
Anonymous
June 17, 2012 12:41:05 AM

Best answer selected by DarylWise.
m
l
June 17, 2012 12:47:28 AM

lol 200 is nothing for a vid card. Go buy that PC and in a year or 2 you will need to buy another one. Or you spend the money now for a GOOD quality build and be all set for 3-5 years.
m
l
June 17, 2012 2:53:24 AM

Why would you get a 7770 and then spend an extra $79 for a GT 630? Or am I missing something here?

You really ought to research each individual part so you know whether or not you are getting a good deal (you currently are not).
m
l
June 17, 2012 3:06:08 AM

Guess a 4gb physx card is the shiz. He was given some advice on what to do to change the build for the better, if he chooses to ignore the advice he asked for, so be it. Live and learn.
m
l
May 19, 2013 4:55:36 PM

vrumor said:
Guess a 4gb physx card is the shiz. He was given some advice on what to do to change the build for the better, if he chooses to ignore the advice he asked for, so be it. Live and learn.

Funny how he never got back to you about whether he was satisfied with it, even after a year. Must have realised how silly he looked!
m
l
Anonymous
May 19, 2013 5:05:57 PM

Flightsimluke said:
vrumor said:

Funny how he never got back to you about whether he was satisfied with it, even after a year. Must have realised how silly he looked!

I did not see a reply. And btw, I have a better setup now. I never looked silly. Bunch of dicks on these forums. Yahoo answers is better place than this.
m
l
May 19, 2013 5:09:53 PM

Anonymous said:
Flightsimluke said:
vrumor said:

I did not see a reply. And btw, I have a better setup now. I never looked silly. Bunch of dicks on these forums. Yahoo answers is better place than this.

So, Yahoo Answers is better than Tomshardware? Please tell me more about how some butthurt who has upgraded his PC again in the same year has the right to make this decision!
m
l
!