Status
Not open for further replies.

XzyluM

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Working on building a new system within the new few weeks and have narrowed the GPU down to the Radeon HD7850. I'm a little confused with all the different brands and would like some advice on which are preferred over the others. ASUS, Sapphire, MSI, Power Color? In other words, are they basically the same card with no real benefit over one another? I'm leaning toward the ASUS or Sapphire brand.

XzyluM

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
CPU: i5-2500K (More than likely going to wait and go with IB per advice?)
MB: AsRock Z77 Extreme 3
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB
GPU: Radeon HD7850
PSU: Corsair TX650W V2

I'm still switching things around since this will be a complete build needing everything. Slightly over $1200 budget right now, but could easily spare some money on case or go with the Acer monitor.

XzyluM

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Yes, I'm still wondering what the deal with IB is. Some have recommended waiting for it since it's probably going to cost the same. Others have said going with SB would be the better choice. Ah, decisions...

andrewcarr

Distinguished
I'd wait and see because you then will have Ivy Bridge processors (they are better) out and more 6xx series cards which will give you another graphics option.

As for the card itself I would get this one (once it is back in stock).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102986
As for the brand these are the one's I would buy from (in no particular order) Sapphire, HIS, XFX, MSI, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Zotac and ASUS.

XzyluM

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Yes, this system is mostly for gaming. I was originally going with the Sapphire, but wanted some advice on the brands. Amazon seems to have it in stock and they have two other things I want cheaper. Though it has went back up $10 on Amazon, looks like it will be a bit of a wait for NE to get it back in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS