Diablo 3 beta @ 300+fps on 2 680s

I put this post in graphics and not games to let people know you don't have to upgrade for this game if you've already got a decent card...

Anyone else tried the beta yet? It's free this weekend. You just need to establish a battle.net account and download it.

I'm getting over 300+fps @ 1080p with every detail cranked. Occasionally, I get to a choke point and the fps drop to 170-ish. No tearing either. No kidding. Every still I take has no staggered images. Because of NDA rules during beta I can't post or I'd throw some pictures up.

I'm pretty confident this game will run at its top graphics performance with mid to high end video cards 3-4 gens back as it runs in DX9.

Why DX9 though? Is this so Mac users can enjoy it too?

Anyone tried it with integrated video?

alterleaf

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
My 9500GT runs it pretty nicely near max with the one or two major settings toned down slightly. It really is something watching the FPS counter jump around but the game play has been smooth throughout the entirety of it. I'm pretty sure I averaged about 30 fps but it was really smooth for 30.

I don't have the extra lighting, nor a water cooling setup, but looking at how the radiator is setup, it seems like it's a lot safer from disaster than most. If it ever leaked, it would not leak on anything but the fans below.

This is with the 470's.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Agreed, it was great fun. My 5750 at 1080p ran super smooth although I never benched it. I don't think the lack of advanced effects matters as they nailed the dark, gloomy atmosphere so well with what they have. Plus it means I can play with my bro =D.

Now if only THEIR SERVERS WERE WORKING I wouldn't be wasting my time posting here.

Yeah. I always like to over do it on the graphics. Aside from the framerates and visual detail, they have decent resale. I usually can pay for at least one of the new cards once I've sold the old.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Didn't run any benchmarks either, but I didn't notice any hiccups running at 1920x1200 with my Geforce 8800GTS-640.

:cry: THIS ----^

-Wolf sends

Oscarmk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
For me it plays smooth about 99% of the time, with everything max at 1920 x 1080 and no v sync I am only getting 100-110 fps, and with V sync it is flickering all the time from 59 to 60, and in fights often 55-60, I have even seen it drop to 3x and 4x for split seconds, but oddly enough even with v sync on I sometimes get 3xx, 2xx and 1xx fps.

Plays pretty smooth for the most part though, but I can't get constant 60 100% of the time my system is:

HD 7850 OC
i5 2500k
16 GB @ 1600 MHZ Ram
Blue Caviar 500 GB
Asus Maximus IV Gene-z/Gen 3
Windows 7 64 bit profesional

Seems odd to me seeing how everyone in game and in the forums claims to have perfect 60 fps all the time at max and 1920 x 1080, with old setups. Although in a thread I posted at the blizzard forums, seems like even a 680 gtx drops at times (large fights) to 50s??, is this true?, someone posted that.

I played all weekend. I did have to retry the login only once on Friday, but got on no problem any other time. Even in co-op never saw framerates drop below 150. I played with v-sync on only in the first half-hour (the settings are kind of weird for this where you pick max framerates for foreground and background and if you do, it automatically turns v-sync on - wtf is that?) because I didn't know it was on until I realized 60 fps was all I was getting.

Also, with my SLI setup never saw a flicker.

I am not sure if a single 680 would drop to the 50s, but I can tell you two of them make complete light work of this DX9 title as I've indicated in previous posts. I was also surprised to see how good of a job this title is of pushing the load onto the GPUs where my GPU utilization was frequently into the 90%s. I would have expected this game to be more CPU-heavy.

Your framerates seem about right for your graphics card. Future driver updates may improve the flickering/framerate dropouts for you when you have v-sync turned on. If I were you, I wouldn't turn v-sync on at all unless you get tearing?

lol. i'm going to keep my 460 for now though i'm going for quad build soon. if only GK104 was made into GTX660 i'm definitely going to grab them lol :D .

I am not sure if a single 680 would drop to the 50s, but I can tell you two of them make complete light work of this DX9 title as I've indicated in previous posts. I was also surprised to see how good of a job this title is of pushing the load onto the GPUs where my GPU utilization was frequently into the 90%s. I would have expected this game to be more CPU-heavy.

here i thought all blizzard game was more heavy on the cpu side. maybe it less reliant on cpu because its not RTS games like star craft was

If I were you, I wouldn't turn v-sync on at all unless you get tearing?

maybe nvidia new adaptive v-sync should be able to help them if they don't want traditional v-sync

I'd also like to say something about adaptive-vsync. It sounds great, and is likely very good for someone with a 60hz monitor. However, I've found it very subpar for 120hz. If I'm not at 120 FPS, I get screen tearing, because v-sync will not be used, yet I may be getting 110-119 FPS the whole time. I don't appear to lose any performance just using normal v-sync any ways.

AnalogKid

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
One of the reasons I'm actually building a new machine is for Diablo 3. The unavailability of the 680 is actually holding up my build, but I'm wondering if I can get away with a lesser card for D3? I'll be running a 2700K processor with 16GB of RAM.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
This means, my 4850 CF @ 1680x1050 will churn out 60 FPS without a problem ! God, those two were a good investment, 2 years ago.

Oh well, ill have to wait until the PS/Xbox refresh to upgrade.

drewgamer

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

I get 60+ with my SLI 9800GT's (have to turn down shadows though, they always seem to have a lot of trouble with the shadows :().

My brothers 5770 was getting perfectly playable framerates as well (never saw the actual FPS).

Also, ALL Blizzard titles are released as PC/MAC hybrids and most likely always will be :p

It's a good time to pick up a 570 or 680 with the price drops.