mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I just changed out my hyper 212 evo's fan and replaced it with a noctua fan. I need to leave my pc on when I sleep and the noise won't let me sleep. I hear this annoying noise from one of the 120mm fans and my graphics card makes the most noise and EVGA told me that the 30% fan speed is the lowest I can go for my 560 Ti. I have been messing with the fans and settings and could not get them anymore quieter.

The only options I am looking at are these

~Change out the case, My case is the CM HAF 922, a very open air case.
OR
~change out the annoying 120mm fan and get an aftermarket video card cooler that is quiet.

IDK what to do, just need this noise to be stopped. I put a big box on my case and the noise doesn't bother me anymore, but I understand it's not good to block airflow to the case. I was thinking about getting sound-absorbing foam, but I doubt it will do much. I don't know what to do, I have been told my case is open-air and the best option is to change it out for something quieter.

I just need some ideas, anything like building some box thing on it, or just anything to keep it quieter.

~Thanks.

Look for the lowest dBA fans you can find http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007998+600035659&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=573&description=&hisInDesc=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc=

or look for a Case http://www.corsair.com/obsidian-series-550d-mid-tower-quiet-case.html

Fans can add up so see the cost of replacing the fans VS a new case. ( maybe you can sell your old case.

GL

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I was thinking of selling my new case and buying one of those silverstone ravens or one of those fractal design full towers. I will be planning on SLI'ing my 560 Ti, the HAF 922 is a big case, it will cover SLI. Are there any cheap quiet VGA coolers out there, that aren't that big? With the regular EVGA 560 TI cooling cover, I have 1/4 inch to spare near the psu, so I can't get a VGA cooler that is very huge.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

All fans set at lowest fan setting at 400-500 rpm. Only one case fan has a weird noise, which I can replace easily. My problem is from that noisy gpu fan. >.> It's set at the lowest fan speed setting and EVGA told me I cannot go lower than that.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

I do some game overnight hacking which is important to leave the pc on because 8-10 hours is a lot of time.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Silencing foam, etc, isn't going to help much. It's either change out the case for like a corsair obsidian 550d or get a VGA cooler, if the VGA cooler is good enough, which I don't know. I'm still planning this out and I don't know which route to choose.

Fans will be loud with a stock one or after market one, when the GPU is working alot over night farming gold to resell or what ever its your doing.

My PC is 2 feet from me and when i am gaming for 2 to 3 hours i cant hear ***, so its a case or fans with lower dBA

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

The case fans do not bother me. Everything set to 450 rpm and my cpu cooling fan is a Noctua fan, which is quiet. I don't need the gpu to work hard overnight, it will most likely be a little bit above idle or it will be at idle. May I please know the case you use?

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I see it looks like there are top fan mount and side fan mount cover things, from what looks like from the pictures. Can those be removed? I think this Corsair 550d seems like a solid case, what graphics card do you use with this and what is the fan speed of your fan when you are sleeping when the pc is set at work?

I was also thinking of those silverstone raven full towers because of the 90 degree motherboard flip, so all the graphics cards are all pointing upwards so I have good cooling, rather than the last card having smalling clearance between the psu.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

which brand of gtx 670? Thanks. Is your case quiet even when the graphics card runs on load?