What XBox games truly support 16:9 widescreen?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

It seems like Halo 2 works fairly well widescreen, but most of my other
games like SWKoToR, PoP, Splinter Cell etc... don't.

Are their some titles one could recommend that really work well in
widescreen mode? I now how to change my TV so it's "window-boxed" 4:3
but right now I'd rather not.

Thanks, I just bought a widescreen TV yesterday. :-)

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

    Have you gone into your Xbox Dash and set the TV type to 16:9? I have
    this set and all my games look fine in widescreen, not stretched or
    anything.

    Dont let your TV control the picture let the Xbox do it.

    --
    outlaw
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    On 11/28/2004 3:50 AM outlaw brightened our day with:

    >Have you gone into your Xbox Dash and set the TV type to 16:9? I have
    >this set and all my games look fine in widescreen, not stretched or
    >anything.
    >
    >Dont let your TV control the picture let the Xbox do it.

    I have it set up correctly, you may not, but I can definitely notice a
    stretching on most games. I found this list that let's you know what
    HD/WS compatibility games have.
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com/xboxlist.htm
    So three games I don't have that I might like to try, Psi-Ops,
    Chronicles of Riddick and Ninja Gaiden are listed as having 16:9 mode.
    Of the dozen or so games I own, Halo 2 and Madden are the only ones that
    seem to really support 16:9.

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    "LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
    > It seems like Halo 2 works fairly well widescreen, but most of my other
    > games like SWKoToR, PoP, Splinter Cell etc... don't.
    >
    > Are their some titles one could recommend that really work well in
    > widescreen mode? I now how to change my TV so it's "window-boxed" 4:3 but
    > right now I'd rather not.
    >
    > Thanks, I just bought a widescreen TV yesterday. :-)
    >
    > --
    > Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    > www.inglostadt.com
    Yeah, definitely keep tabs on your gaming habits witht hat TV, especially if
    it's CRT, or rear-display. A lot of games leave a narrow black strip on the
    left side of mine, and extending playing like this could burn that strip
    into the screen.
    The widest strip I've seen yet is when playing ESPN games, like NFL and NHL.
    Thing is though, is you only notice them if you know they're there. I was
    pointing it out to my friend last night, and he was surprised, saying he had
    never noticed, then, as we continued to play ESPN NFL, he kept laughing how
    annoying that was.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    "remyD" <remyD@nocomcastspam.net> wrote in message

    > "LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
    >> It seems like Halo 2 works fairly well widescreen, but most of my other
    >> games like SWKoToR, PoP, Splinter Cell etc... don't.
    >>
    >> Are their some titles one could recommend that really work well in
    >> widescreen mode? I now how to change my TV so it's "window-boxed" 4:3
    >> but right now I'd rather not.
    >>
    >> Thanks, I just bought a widescreen TV yesterday. :-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    >> www.inglostadt.com
    > Yeah, definitely keep tabs on your gaming habits witht hat TV, especially
    > if
    > it's CRT, or rear-display. A lot of games leave a narrow black strip on
    > the
    > left side of mine, and extending playing like this could burn that strip
    > into the screen.
    > The widest strip I've seen yet is when playing ESPN games, like NFL and
    > NHL.
    > Thing is though, is you only notice them if you know they're there. I was
    > pointing it out to my friend last night, and he was surprised, saying he
    > had
    > never noticed, then, as we continued to play ESPN NFL, he kept laughing
    > how
    > annoying that was.

    Just go to hdtvarcade.com for the list of games that truly support 16x9

Console Gaming Support Games Xbox Video Games