Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What XBox games truly support 16:9 widescreen?

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Support
  • Games
  • Xbox
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 8:19:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

It seems like Halo 2 works fairly well widescreen, but most of my other
games like SWKoToR, PoP, Splinter Cell etc... don't.

Are their some titles one could recommend that really work well in
widescreen mode? I now how to change my TV so it's "window-boxed" 4:3
but right now I'd rather not.

Thanks, I just bought a widescreen TV yesterday. :-)

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

More about : xbox games support widescreen

November 29, 2004 1:50:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Have you gone into your Xbox Dash and set the TV type to 16:9? I have
this set and all my games look fine in widescreen, not stretched or
anything.

Dont let your TV control the picture let the Xbox do it.


--
outlaw
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 1:50:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

On 11/28/2004 3:50 AM outlaw brightened our day with:

>Have you gone into your Xbox Dash and set the TV type to 16:9? I have
>this set and all my games look fine in widescreen, not stretched or
>anything.
>
>Dont let your TV control the picture let the Xbox do it.
>
>
>
>
I have it set up correctly, you may not, but I can definitely notice a
stretching on most games. I found this list that let's you know what
HD/WS compatibility games have.
http://www.hdtvarcade.com/xboxlist.htm
So three games I don't have that I might like to try, Psi-Ops,
Chronicles of Riddick and Ninja Gaiden are listed as having 16:9 mode.
Of the dozen or so games I own, Halo 2 and Madden are the only ones that
seem to really support 16:9.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Related resources
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 2:17:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
news:8ddqd.51022$QJ3.38239@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> It seems like Halo 2 works fairly well widescreen, but most of my other
> games like SWKoToR, PoP, Splinter Cell etc... don't.
>
> Are their some titles one could recommend that really work well in
> widescreen mode? I now how to change my TV so it's "window-boxed" 4:3 but
> right now I'd rather not.
>
> Thanks, I just bought a widescreen TV yesterday. :-)
>
> --
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com
Yeah, definitely keep tabs on your gaming habits witht hat TV, especially if
it's CRT, or rear-display. A lot of games leave a narrow black strip on the
left side of mine, and extending playing like this could burn that strip
into the screen.
The widest strip I've seen yet is when playing ESPN games, like NFL and NHL.
Thing is though, is you only notice them if you know they're there. I was
pointing it out to my friend last night, and he was surprised, saying he had
never noticed, then, as we continued to play ESPN NFL, he kept laughing how
annoying that was.
December 6, 2004 11:40:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"remyD" <remyD@nocomcastspam.net> wrote in message
news:Loydnfpj6_3kdi7cRVn-rw@comcast.com...
>
> "LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> news:8ddqd.51022$QJ3.38239@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>> It seems like Halo 2 works fairly well widescreen, but most of my other
>> games like SWKoToR, PoP, Splinter Cell etc... don't.
>>
>> Are their some titles one could recommend that really work well in
>> widescreen mode? I now how to change my TV so it's "window-boxed" 4:3
>> but right now I'd rather not.
>>
>> Thanks, I just bought a widescreen TV yesterday. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
>> www.inglostadt.com
> Yeah, definitely keep tabs on your gaming habits witht hat TV, especially
> if
> it's CRT, or rear-display. A lot of games leave a narrow black strip on
> the
> left side of mine, and extending playing like this could burn that strip
> into the screen.
> The widest strip I've seen yet is when playing ESPN games, like NFL and
> NHL.
> Thing is though, is you only notice them if you know they're there. I was
> pointing it out to my friend last night, and he was surprised, saying he
> had
> never noticed, then, as we continued to play ESPN NFL, he kept laughing
> how
> annoying that was.
>
Just go to hdtvarcade.com for the list of games that truly support 16x9
!