Sign in with
Your question

Help! Screen randomly turns black

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 17, 2012 4:24:36 AM

My friends computer, which i dont have access to because she lives very far away is experiencing random black screens.

She gets them mostly when shes playing games.

When she gets the black screens, i can still talk to her on skype, but she has no control over the pc and the screen is completely black (no signal lost or message like that, just black screen). the only way for her is to restart the pc and then its back to normal. (ctrl alt delete doesnt work)

The black screens happen completely random, any time of day ranging from 5 minutes to hours after shes started playing.

she says the screen also gets vertical green lines sometimes, and its possible it also black screened when she wasnt playing any games.

she got a BSOD once the other day while all she was doing was talking on skype, no games.

Recently she completely replaced her ram, added a new psu and a HD 6770 as well as reinstalled windows 7 64 bit.

I talked her through the driver and chipset downloads and installs and stuff and the windows install so im sure the software side is fine.

she had a computer shop install the hardware but she installed windows herself.

Specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 440
Motherboard: MSI NF725M-P31
Ram: 8gb ddr3
Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6770
PSU: 600w

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edit* temperatures are fine btw, never going above 55c.

More about : screen randomly turns black

October 4, 2012 8:33:20 AM

hi just wondering,did she end up solving the problem cause im having the exact same thing and it is rather frustrating
m
l
!