Closed Solved

HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 vs HD 6750 1GB GDDR3?

Which one is better?
Should I get the HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 or HD 6750 512MB or HD 6750 1GB GDDR3?
Please help!
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6670 gddr5 6750 gddr3
  1. The HD 6750 is better. Is the 512MB version GDDR5?
  2. Gman450 said:
    The HD 6750 is better. Is the 512MB version GDDR5?


    Yes! The 512 mb is GDDR5 and the 1gb is GDDR3 and which one is better?
  3. sr3genki said:
    Yes! The 512 mb is GDDR5 and the 1gb is GDDR3 and which one is better?

    The 512MB GDDR5 will be better than the 1GB GDDR3. However, VRAM will be important when it comes to high resolution gaming.
    As long as you're under, say, 1600X900, 512MB will be okay.
  4. 6670 vs 6750

    6750 = win

    honestly i never heard of 6750 with 512mb of ram. AFAIK all entry level and mid range card from the 6k series comes with 1GB of VRAM as standard. i think it was the AIB decision to cut the amount of standard config ram so they can sell the card for cheaper price.
  5. Now that you mention it, I haven't heard of 512MB HD 6750 either...
  6. simple
    tell us your budget and usage
  7. truegenius said:
    simple
    tell us your budget and usage

    Not gonna tell you my budget because its not important! But I want to game maxed out at 1280x768 NO AA! I have seen Youtube videos that show that the 6670 can run Battlefield 3 maxed No AA ay 1280 x 768!
    I would play games like Call of Duty Black OPs and Modern Warfare 1,2,3 and Doom 3 and GTA IV and Dead Space and Crysis,2,3!
  8. renz496 said:
    6670 vs 6750

    6750 = win

    honestly i never heard of 6750 with 512mb of ram. AFAIK all entry level and mid range card from the 6k series comes with 1GB of VRAM as standard. i think it was the AIB decision to cut the amount of standard config ram so they can sell the card for cheaper price.


    It is a cheaper Sapphire version!
    Can I play @ 1280 x 768 maxed? No AA ever!
  9. Gman450 said:
    The 512MB GDDR5 will be better than the 1GB GDDR3. However, VRAM will be important when it comes to high resolution gaming.
    As long as you're under, say, 1600X900, 512MB will be okay.

    1366 x 768 or 1280 x 768!
  10. Gman450 said:
    Now that you mention it, I haven't heard of 512MB HD 6750 either...

    There is Google it! It is the Sapphire version!
    Here is the link!
    http://www.rebeltech.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=865

    Can you help me to choose a card from this site that is R900 and less?
    P.S R=Rand which is the currency in South Africa!
  11. sr3genki said:
    Not gonna tell you my budget because its not important! But I want to game maxed out at 1280x768 NO AA! I have seen Youtube videos that show that the 6670 can run Battlefield 3 maxed No AA ay 1280 x 768!
    I would play games like Call of Duty Black OPs and Modern Warfare 1,2,3 and Doom 3 and GTA IV and Dead Space and Crysis,2,3!


    for your resolution 512mb still fine though 1GB is more recommended nowadays so you have more room to increased any setting that require lots of gpu memory such as anti aliasing. for call of duty series 6750 will eat the game for breakfast since the game graphic engine does not get any major visual enhancement since the original modern warfare. doom 3 is an old game so it shouldn't be a problem technically. GTA 4 was a poor console port. the game recommend quad cpu and gpu with 1GB of ram or more though 512mb of vram still accepted. dead space should be fine. as for crysis 2 it depends. if you play the game in dx9 without high-res texture patch then you should be able to get good performance at your resolution. crysis 2 with dx11 tessellation is quite demanding on the gpu and it is recommended to have 1GB of VRAM if you want to enable high-res texture
  12. sr3genki said:
    1366 x 768 or 1280 x 768!

    The HD 6750 512MB should be plenty for you, since you're only going to game at those resolutions.
    I say, go for it.
    And that card will be able to max those games out too.

    Quote:
    I would play games like Call of Duty Black OPs Black Ops should run decently, and you'll get good FPS and Modern Warfare 1,2,3 Should run almost the same as COD:BO and Doom 3Old game, but you'll be able to max it out, no problem and GTA IV Badly coded game, might run okay, if you patch it! and Dead Space Should run well, maxed out and Crysis,2,3! No comments on 3, but you could run Crysis 2 DX9 at Very High or Extreme settings at 720p
  13. renz496 said:
    for your resolution 512mb still fine though 1GB is more recommended nowadays so you have more room to increased any setting that require lots of gpu memory such as anti aliasing. for call of duty series 6750 will eat the game for breakfast since the game graphic engine does not get any major visual enhancement since the original modern warfare. doom 3 is an old game so it shouldn't be a problem technically. GTA 4 was a poor console port. the game recommend quad cpu and gpu with 1GB of ram or more though 512mb of vram still accepted. dead space should be fine. as for crysis 2 it depends. if you play the game in dx9 without high-res texture patch then you should be able to get good performance at your resolution. crysis 2 with dx11 tessellation is quite demanding on the gpu and it is recommended to have 1GB of VRAM if you want to enable high-res texture


    Thanks! I might the 1gb GDDR5 version or if prices drop the 6770!
  14. Best answer
    for the resolution that you intended to use 6750 will have plenty of performance for most of current games. but if you go for 6770 that's even better
  15. renz496 said:
    for the resolution that you intended to use 6750 will have plenty of performance for most of current games. but if you go for 6770 that's even better

    Yeah I dont think I'll ever go higher because its not worth it! I really care about textures and not Anti aliasing and not resolution! 720p is enough!
  16. Best answer selected by sr3genki.
  17. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Graphics