Runservice.exe / Search Assistant

February 9, 2005 12:20:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Something I downloaded (I think) installed the two items in the title - and
are giving me fits. They're all over my Registry. Is there any way to get
rid of them? Thanks.........
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 12:20:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Here is the scoop on RunService. The big question: what is runservice.exe
and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of RunService?
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/runservice.asp

Spyware Warrior ยป Searchassistant.net Problem
http://netrn.net/spywareblog/archives/2004/01/23/search...

doxdesk.com: database: ClientMan
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ClientMan.html

SrchAsst.exe
http://www.2-spyware.com/file-srchasst-exe.html

SrchAsst.exe
http://startup.iamnotageek.com/srch-SrchAsst.exe.html

CastleCops XNSearchAssistant SrchAsst.exe
http://computercops.biz/startuplist-4570.html

SrchAsst.exe
http://www.2-files.com/filename/srchasst-exe

--