Runservice.exe / Search Assistant

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Something I downloaded (I think) installed the two items in the title - and
are giving me fits. They're all over my Registry. Is there any way to get
rid of them? Thanks.........
1 answer Last reply
More about runservice search assistant
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Here is the scoop on RunService. The big question: what is runservice.exe
    and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of RunService?
    http://www.auditmypc.com/process/runservice.asp

    Spyware Warrior » Searchassistant.net Problem
    http://netrn.net/spywareblog/archives/2004/01/23/searchassistantnet-problem/

    doxdesk.com: database: ClientMan
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ClientMan.html

    SrchAsst.exe
    http://www.2-spyware.com/file-srchasst-exe.html

    SrchAsst.exe
    http://startup.iamnotageek.com/srch-SrchAsst.exe.html

    CastleCops XNSearchAssistant SrchAsst.exe
    http://computercops.biz/startuplist-4570.html

    SrchAsst.exe
    http://www.2-files.com/filename/srchasst-exe

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:JreOd.26$DG5.0@lakeread07,
    +++Bobby "O"+++ <rmo555@cox.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Something I downloaded (I think) installed the two items in the title
    > - and are giving me fits. They're all over my Registry. Is there
    > any way to get rid of them? Thanks.........

Configuration Microsoft Customization Registry Windows XP