Cpu temperature.

mohit999

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
In bios, cpu temperature showing 78c :eek: . Just working on excel file. No game, no overload and no overclocking. When I touch the case, it's hot. Local computer guy serviced this pc just 1 month back. So can't be a dust or heat sink problem. Below are the system config.

processor- i5 760
card- radeon 5750
8gb ram, 2 hard disk, msi p55-gd55 motherboard and 430 w corsair cx power supply. What should i do now :(

Solution
Is there a fan in front of the HDD bays? It looks like there is one but I am not sure.

But I can see why you might not have good airflow. The cable management is decent considering you cant route behind the motherboard tray, so that isn't the issue. Its more the lack of fans. With only one (120mm it looks) intake, there wouldn't be much airflow through the case.

mohit999

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

Airflow is good. It's cooler master large case. I have just turned it off for 10 minutes and went straight to bios. It was showing 35c and to my surprise it's increasing like a clock and now at 75c within 15 minutes. And what is system temperature ? it's also increasing.

mohit999

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
I have attached an image of cpu inside. Can you confirm it's a cable management problem or any other.

tu7uxzu43

One more thing to add is that the local computer guy just blew out the dust from some air blower but he didn't remove any parts to clear the dust.

Is there a fan in front of the HDD bays? It looks like there is one but I am not sure.

But I can see why you might not have good airflow. The cable management is decent considering you cant route behind the motherboard tray, so that isn't the issue. Its more the lack of fans. With only one (120mm it looks) intake, there wouldn't be much airflow through the case.

Solution

mohit999

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

Yes, there is a fan in front of HDD bays. Should I run this fan also but it's about cpu that's getting very hot not the hard disks.

ok, I will add one more fan at the top.