jlippiello

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Hello,
I recently purchased a gaming rig which has an intel DH67CL motherboard and a high current antec 400 watt power supply. With Windows XP on it, I could get an MSI Nvidia chipset 560gtx to work, but with Windows 7 pro 64 bit on it, I cannot load any drivers for the car that won't frezze the machine. I ordered a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Video card and I get the same result. The person I bought it from says the power supply is sufficient (it did work under xp) and because the mb worked under xp. refuses to accept their may be a problem with the mb. HELP!

jlippiello

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
The supply may well be defective.
Do you have a 2nd psu to test with?

Thanks for responding. I was concerned about the video cards power requirements, but the card worked under xp with the ps. It also worke=s fine unrtil I load the drivers, then it freezes the machine. Do you still think it could be the ps?

jlippiello

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Thanks for your reply. We plugged in a second larger supply and had the same problem. It turned out a RAM stick either needed to be reseated or moved to a different slot. So weird. The machine reported the RAM and worked with other video cards. I guess it's how/where the video card drivers are/were loaded.
It seems ever 5 years a weird RAM problem bites me in the butt!
Thanks again