What to buy next?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game (Ghost
Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon 2?
What looks good?
16 answers Last reply
More about what next
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    > I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    (Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    2?
    > What looks good?

    Ghost Recon II
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >(Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > 2?
    > What looks good?

    Ghost Recon 2
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    How about Prince of Persia 2, the first one was very good.

    --
    Sal 9000
    sal9000mx@hotmail.com

    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >(Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > 2?
    > What looks good?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >(Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > 2?
    > What looks good?

    Ghost Recon 2
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    There's always mechassault 2 in about a month..

    "JohnDoe" <nothnxs@stayaway.com> wrote in message

    > <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >>I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >>(Ghost
    >> Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    >> get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    >> plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    >> shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    >> 2?
    >> What looks good?
    >
    > Ghost Recon 2

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    Forza out in Jan
    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >(Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > 2?
    > What looks good?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >(Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > 2?
    > What looks good?

    Not to start a long thread about which is better, but Madden online limits
    trick plays and somewhat limits stat whores.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    Ghost Recon 2. You won't be disappointed.

    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >(Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > 2?
    > What looks good?
  9. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >(Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > 2?
    > What looks good?

    Knights of the Old Republic 2 out in about a week. The sequel to 2003's
    game of the year looks good. It is being done by a different developer but
    over all I think there won't be very many changes.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    "Union Kane" <vnion_kane_03_nospam@telvs.net> wrote in message

    > Knights of the Old Repvblic 2 ovt in abovt a week. The seqvel to 2003's
    > game of the year looks good. It is being done by a different developer
    > bvt over all I think there won't be very many changes.

    This promises to be a decent game that is said to be in "good hands". I
    expect that it will probably be somewhat different withovt messing too mvch
    with the formvla. That approach seems reminiscent of what happened with the
    Max Payne games - a good thing if yov ask me.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    is it just me or is the online gameplay of ghost recon, like for like of
    Delta Force series on PC?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    Prince of persia 2 out this week
    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >(Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > 2?
    > What looks good?
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    Ohh man, I think I am gonna cream my pants. I didn't think
    SW:KOTOR2 would be released till February. Upon checking
    up on it, the release date is December 6th, and the PC
    version will be released in February. I would definately
    recommend picking up SW:KOTOR, and SW:KOTOR if it is even
    half as good as the first!

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" was amazing, and worth every iota of
    praise it received. I played the demo first and thought it was insanely
    difficult, which is why I avoided buying it... Until it dropped to $19.95.
    My wife and I sat down and played through 2/3 of the game in one day and we
    both loved it. Yet again, I've played the demo for "Prince of Persia 2" and
    it was insanely difficult (sore fingers after 10 minutes of button
    mashing?)... That is now, in my mind, a very good sign. :-)

    Another option is to go out and buy all of the games you've wanted in the
    past year but couldn't afford - most are now cheap to take advantage of the
    Holiday Season. Platinum Hits and I are best friends this year...

    Good hunting!

    "Dan" <mikedan*nospam*@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    > Prince of persia 2 out this week
    > <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    >>I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    >>(Ghost
    >> Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    >> get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    >> plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    >> shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    >> 2?
    >> What looks good?

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    In article <#32NQmF2EHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
    taskrandom@hotmail.com says...
    > "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" was amazing, and worth every iota of
    > praise it received. I played the demo first and thought it was insanely
    > difficult, which is why I avoided buying it... Until it dropped to $19.95.
    > My wife and I sat down and played through 2/3 of the game in one day and we
    > both loved it. Yet again, I've played the demo for "Prince of Persia 2" and
    > it was insanely difficult (sore fingers after 10 minutes of button
    > mashing?)... That is now, in my mind, a very good sign. :-)
    >
    > Another option is to go out and buy all of the games you've wanted in the
    > past year but couldn't afford - most are now cheap to take advantage of the
    > Holiday Season. Platinum Hits and I are best friends this year...
    >
    > Good hunting!
    >
    > "Dan" <mikedan*nospam*@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    > > Prince of persia 2 out this week
    > > <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    > >>I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    > >>(Ghost
    > >> Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > >> get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > >> plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > >> shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    > >> 2?
    > >> What looks good?

    Bittorent is my best friend.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox.live (More info?)

    Ghost Recon 2 is great. There is some great online play at
    http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ the best thing is that it is free.... Happy
    hunting

    <a@anon.com> wrote in message
    > I have halo 2 and I am not real impressed, although it is a good game
    (Ghost
    > Recon I and Island Thunder are more my speed). I like NFL2k5 alot, but I
    > get tired of the poor sportsmanship (running up scores, relentless trick
    > plays, etc). What would you recommend that I buy next? I tend to like
    > shooters and sports. Call to duty? One of the new VN games? Ghost Recon
    2?
    > What looks good?

Console Gaming Games Microsoft Xbox Video Games