C:Documents and...... Local SettingsApplication Data vs C:..

harryguy082589

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi,

What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application Data?
Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
found a way for the second, but not the first.

Thanks,

Dan

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

What is the difference between local settings and what? All users.....? If
not give the full path.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

<harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
> Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application Data?
> Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
> found a way for the second, but not the first.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

harryguy082589

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I'm trying to get all application data isolated onto one partition,
while leaving everything else on another.

Clarify: it was C:\Documents and...\--user---\Local
Settings\Application Data vs C:\Documents and...
\---user---\Application Data

jeffrey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is it that you want to do? Do you want to relocate the
Documents and

jeffrey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is it that you want to do? Do you want to relocate the
Documents and
> Settings folder to another drive or just certain parts of it?
>
> Jeff
>
> <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
> > Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application
Data?
> > Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
> > found a way for the second, but not the first.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dan

jeffrey

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi,

What is it that you want to do? Do you want to relocate the Documents and
Settings folder to another drive or just certain parts of it?

Jeff

<harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
> Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application Data?
> Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
> found a way for the second, but not the first.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Learn how to copy and paste from the address bar.

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User