C:Documents and...... Local SettingsApplication Data vs C:..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi,

What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application Data?
Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
found a way for the second, but not the first.

Thanks,

Dan
5 answers Last reply
More about documents local settingsapplication data
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    What is the difference between local settings and what? All users.....? If
    not give the full path.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
    > Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application Data?
    > Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
    > found a way for the second, but not the first.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dan

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    I'm trying to get all application data isolated onto one partition,
    while leaving everything else on another.

    Clarify: it was C:\Documents and...\--user---\Local
    Settings\Application Data vs C:\Documents and...
    \---user---\Application Data

    jeffrey wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What is it that you want to do? Do you want to relocate the
    Documents and
    > Settings folder to another drive or just certain parts of it?
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
    > > Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application
    Data?
    > > Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
    > > found a way for the second, but not the first.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Dan

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    jeffrey wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What is it that you want to do? Do you want to relocate the
    Documents and
    > Settings folder to another drive or just certain parts of it?
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
    > > Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application
    Data?
    > > Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
    > > found a way for the second, but not the first.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Dan

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Hi,

    What is it that you want to do? Do you want to relocate the Documents and
    Settings folder to another drive or just certain parts of it?

    Jeff

    <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > What is the diffrence between C:\Documents and...\... \Local
    > Settings\Application Data and C:\Documents and... \..\Application Data?
    > Is there anyway to change the defualt location of the first one? I
    > found a way for the second, but not the first.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dan

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Learn how to copy and paste from the address bar.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data

    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User