Cpu and motherboard

+1

Any game will run on ANY CPU. If you're talking about getting performance that you're not feeling satisfied with, I would mildly overclock your FX-6100 to see if you can get any performance boosts. If you aren't getting any performance boosts, you are most likely being held back by your GPU.

tna135

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
the reason why i want to get the phenom cpu is because i have mw3 and it wont work because i have a amd fx cpu and i heard alot of people have this problem and plus in general i heard i fx cpu isnt that great for gaming. i dont want to overclock because i never had and im scared to overclock because im new to it. where i know if i get the phenom cpu i know cod games will work. so thats the reason why i want the phenom cpu.

Okay, first off, let me tell you that MW3 isn't a demanding game and it will work on ANY CPU. Heck, it even works on Athlon II's; with that said, there isn't any reason in the world that it will not run on a FX-6100.

People have stated the FX-6100 isn't great for gaming, which is true, however, that does not mean that it can't or won't run games. It will run games fine, however, it may just not be properly utilised thus not giving you the best performance possible.

You may be running into some driver issues/lack of system requirements if you aren't able to play MW3.

What are your full system specs? If we know this information, we may be able to be of more assistance.

tna135

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
my system specs are: gigabyte 970a-d3 mobo, amd fx 6100, his 7850, 8gb corsair vengenance 1866 ram, raidmax 850w psu, seagate 500gb hdd. i downloaded all the latest drivers and i look daily to see if there are new drivers. i of course dont know that much about computers since i am still a begginer. so if you or anybody else has a answer just let me know.

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
You could try turning down or off some settings, like AA or lowering res, just to test to see if MW3 will work. Also is your Internet connection good enough to not lag in multiplayer?

Otherwise, yes that cpu will fit in your motherboard socket. On another note is your motherboard bios at it's latest revision? edit:-removed inaccuracy

your motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4306#sp

it says what socket/cpu it can use there

Normally I would agree about settings, however, considering MW3 is one of those lousy Console Ports, it can be played on an APU with it's integrated graphics. Radeon HD7850 should have absolutely no problem playing MW3 whatsoever.

@ OP

Do you get any error messages when you try to play MW3? Or does it not open? If it doesn't open without any error messages, you may want to download Direct X from the Microsoft website. Some games don't automatically download Direct X so this may be the issue (Blacklight Retribution is one of those games that requires it, but doesn't necessarily download it for you. It might be the same case for MW3).

tna135

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
whenever i go to play mw3 from the desktop it shows the picture then it will restart my pc and give me a bluescreen. then i tried launching the game in my steam library and it still did the same thing. my black ops game works just fine though.

Doing a quick Google search on what you described, it seems that this issue actually does root from the AMD FX CPU's, however, it can be easily fixed with a BIOS update.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4306#bios

There is the link to your motherboards BIOS downloads. Download the latest (F11 in this case) and put the ROM on a USB flash drive. Then boot into your BIOS on startup and continue with the update process. If errors still persist after this, please come back to us! :)

tna135

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
thanks for letting me know i will have to wake up early to download mw3 again due to my friend deleting mw3 and my black ops..... black ops will take a hour since i have a cd but mw3 will take all day since i bought it online to download from amazon. but anyways not to sound like a noob i am but how do i put the rom on a usb drive and also what do i do when i get into the bios? i just wish i could have a pc pro do this for me because i am a noob :)

BIOS updates can effect a lot of things regarding your overall system performance. It may increase stability, it may allow you to put in a new CPU, the list is endless :)

It won't necessarily boost your CPU's performance but it may increase the overall compatibility of certain applications (USB devices, etc).

TRENDING THREADS