If my motherboard had a crack in it would i know right away?

mgetts

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Hello,
I had to use a little more than normal pressure to install my graphics card. I didnt hear a crack and have been using it for like a month and everything was going fine than i got the BSOD! I restarted like it said and seems to be going fine but now im worried

terryd75

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

Absolutely not! That can go either way! It completely depends on how bad the crack is and where the crack is. Heat can affect a crack big time! When the computer isn't too hot, it may work great! then as it heats up, and the crack open up, it fails! This can be a nightmare! My guess is, however.....That as long as all of your mbod stand offs were used, and the mbod was supported correctly, that you most likely didn't damage anything. At worst, maybe a bent pin? But, that too can be a real pain! When you get the bsod, try and take some notes as to what you see on the screen, and post them in here. That may help us to zero in on what is causing it. best of luck!

If you look closely at the motherboard you will notice all these little lines on the board , those are printed circuts and they are what makes the signals travel from all the various chips , capacitors , slots and basicly everything that is on the motherboard. If you have as you say maybe cracked the board then there would be a broken circut and the board would not function. If you have gotten a random bsod then try going into the event viewer and see what caused it.
Motherbords do have a little flex to them and putting in exspansion cards will cause a slight bending but because it is attached to the motherboard plate inside the case it can only bend so far and I don't think there is enough room for it to go to the point of cracking.

mgetts

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
I looked at my event viewer and found numerous system driver boot fails and one restore point fail. I guess my question is do i have a safe restore point and how do i check?

TRENDING THREADS