What PSU and PSU wattage for this build?

NG88

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hey guys, I'm here today because I'm on my last piece that I need for my new build and I'm looking for a PSU that can handle what I have and a GPU upgrade in the future. I've been trying to figure it out on my own and I keep seeing different opinions and it's getting hard to figure out what's best for me. I've seen a lot of people saying the big name PSU companies use their parts from other companies like Sea Sonic and other brands I cannot remember at the moment. I'm not sure what wattage it should be especially if I want to upgrade my GPU later on.

So anyways without further ado here's what my computer build will be.

MB: ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ AMD 990X

CPU: AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz (4.3GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 v2 SC 1GB GDDR5

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)

HSF: COOLER MASTER Hyper 612 PWM

HDD: Caviar Black 7200 64mb cache 1TB

Also a LG optical drive, not sure which one it is though.

I am looking to upgrade my GPU, maybe in the next 6 months since they are ridiculously priced for good ones.

I do want a PSU that's modular that's for sure. I'm looking to spend between $60-$80 on it.
I found this Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-675M 675W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 for a good deal on newegg at the moment and it ranked tier 2 on Eggxpert Tiered Power Supply List, on Jonny Guru it ranked 80 Plus Silver for the 750w so I don't know if that carries over to the whole series of the Toughpower XT PSU's. Only thing I find kind of dumb is the LED indicators on it would be facing the inside of my case. I'm kind of not sure about that, it seems like a waste to me unless this is worth the deal on newegg which is $60 at the moment down from $90. Original price was $119.