XFX Radeon HD 7950 Core Edition. Curious fan issues.

jimmyrustler

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
I've owned this card for about a month now. Ever since I've owned it, when the monitor shuts off (automatically after 15 minutes of idle), the fan get REALLY loud every couple of seconds. It sounds like it's cycling from 100% back to 0% every few minutes. It's pretty annoying. It has no other issues. It plays games just fine, it runs cool, etc. It also doesn't do it when I manually turn the monitor off.

Any ideas?

zakattak80

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
hmm i'd say re install your drivers and make sure you don't have any fan control conflicts between CCC and any other program.

also doesn't these cards shut off when the screen is blanked even if you manually change the speed.

jimmyrustler

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Ok, I've tried pretty much everything you guys suggested. It still doing it. I don't even know if it's possible to manually reflash the video bios on these cards. It's definitely only when windows issues the command to the video card to shut the monitor down, because it will do it if I have the monitor off with windows still set to shut down the monitor after 15 minutes.

xllsargellx

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I have the same issue plus a little extra. i have my monitors set to turn off after an hour. Well sometime the fans do the same as you say yours is doing. Well the "little extra" part is that sometime the monitors will not come back on when i move the mouse. The only way to get it to come back on is to do a hard reboot. I have not had this happen for a couple of day now since I hooked up the 4th monitor to the card. But it is rather annoying when it does happen. XFX gave me an RMA but I have not sent it in yet.