Need advice on Evga gtx 580 3gb vs Zotac geforce 580 3gb

Hi ,

I have not yet bought the parts below but those are the firm choices i will be sticking too, the only thing I'm confused about at the moment is the graphics card, specifically the zotac geforce gtx 580 3gb. it seems like a good card to me but would like your advice/opinions on it. also, vs EVGA geforce gtx 580 3gb, amazon sells the zotac for ~£314 whilst the EVGA one is ~£470. what I would like to ask is, is there much difference between the two to warrant that much of a price difference?

thanks in advance for your help/advice/opinion

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Tuesday 24th April 2012 BUDGET RANGE: £330 inc VAT

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: 3D Gaming, 3D Full HD Movies, Photoshop and other work

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY:
No current GPU
PSU: PSO-750ZT OCZ 750W ZT-Series 80+ Bronze Active PFC Modular

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:

CPU : Intel i5-2500K
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z77
RAM: G.Skill 8Gb DDR3 1600 (2x4Gb) CL9 RipjawX Dual-Chan Kit
CASE: AeroCool X-Predator Evil Black/Orange Gaming Case
CPU Cooler:

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Eclipse Computers, Aria.co.uk , Amazon uk, Ebay uk or any other cheap seller

PARTS PREFERENCES: NVidia

OVERCLOCKING: Graphics: No , CPU: Maybe | SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080
2 answers Last reply
More about need advice evga zotac geforce
  1. For that price difference just go with the Zotac one. However, at 1920x1080, you dont really need 3GB of ram. You can go with a 1.5GB card, or even something like a 7970 (not sure on UK prices, but yeah...)
  2. the price difference between the 1.5gb and 3gb is around £20-40, which isnt much, would you still reccomend to go for the 1.5?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics