nelson900

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Alright, so I am just going to get right into it. About 2 hours ago I noticed that my WoW was making my card run hot, so I thought I would check for driver updates to see if that would alleviate some of the issue. The new version out is 12.3, and I figured I had better jump on it seeing as I hadn't updated in a while. After downloading the drivers, I went to install. It bursts through install process, and leaves me with the message "Install Successful (warnings occurred during installation) View log for details" Ok, so I click on the "view log" button. Nothing. The button shows the clicking animation, but nothing pops up. Nothing happens. I go to exit the install manager, and.....I am right back where I started. I go to restart my computer, and the next thing I know, everything is bunked. I run a dual display, but instead of both screens being separate(like they were 2 hours ago) it is now one screen mirroring the other. The resolution cannot be set to 1920 x 1080(like it was 2 hours ago). My desktop is in shambles. I haven't the slightest clue what to do. I have restarted in safe mode, I have uninstalled my video card, and used the device manager to locate new hardware. After it detects it, I go to install the drivers again. Once again, nothing happens in the install manager and it gives me the same view log nonsense. I go to use the express uninstall in the install manager. This time it tells me uninstall successful(warnings....blah blah blah). I have no idea where to turn now. I cannot use both monitors, seeing as the card is only recognizing one. Any ideas people? I am seriously on the breaking point of having no idea of where to go next.

Edit: Is there anyway to attach the dxdiag.txt I just saved for my system, or do i have to put in all the .txt file in a reply?

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Uninstall your GPUs drivers using the Add/Remove Programs control panel applet. Then try reinstalling 12.3. Also verify that you downloaded the correct drivers (64-bit vs 32-bit, Vista/7 vs XP).