Cpu heat problem

partyman08

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
I just installed my fx-8150 on my new rig with stock heatsink but when i went to the bios my temp was 60c and my case has four fans with decent airflow, i dont know if running bios makes the cpu hot but im pretty sure theres a problem. my motherboard was at around 35c and gpu at 39c. i ignored this and ran one of my old video games then my computer starts sounding like a freakin jet engine. i dont know if the stock heatsink is broken cause the fans are spinning all my fans are i checked my air flow and my heatsink and they all work good. so is 60c ok temp for the 8150 without overclock or do i need a water cooler? i kinda wanted to overclock my cpu but im afraid the heatsink wont be good enough

Download HW Monitor and see what it says. If its giving the same read out as the BIOS then something is wrong. Either the heatsink isn't on right or you used to much thermal paste (if you applied your own.)

chugot9218

Honorable
The stock fan ain't going to give you much overclocking room anyways, better off buyin a decent cheap air cooler. It may not have come with TMI applied to it, I think some stock heat sinks don't, in which case, you will want to not use your PC until you have some TMI on the CPU.

Thats way to hot especially on idle. Both AMD and Intel stock heatsinks come with pre-applied thermal paste, aftermarket air coolers might or might not come with thermal paste pre-applied.